Amibroker - Is it King of retail trading software??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, May 17, 2013.

1. It's not true. You have control over every pixel on the chart. And you can create your own scrollable x-axis/chart window with AFL. Ask AB as they have better expertise than me.

I meant other vendors.

#51     May 19, 2013
  2. colion

colion

]
    It is true. You can control every pixel but you cannot change the x-axis scaling. In price based charting the scaling will not be uniform. Unless I've missed something which is certainly possible this cannot be done. I think if it could be done with existing AFL TJ would have done it. It will I suspect take some doing.

#52     May 19, 2013
  3. No, I think you still don't quite understand. Ask AB support.

#53     May 19, 2013
  4. colion

colion

I've been down that road. You obviously do not know what a price-based chart is or what the pixel controls do. If you really think that you can control the x-axis let's see the code or at least tell us what function to use. That will be interesting.

#54     May 19, 2013
  5. P&F is a price based or rather time independent chart. So of course I know what you mean. Look at GFX. There are even user example(s) in the library or somewhere in the forum with custom price charts and individual x-axes.

#55     May 19, 2013
  6. colion

colion

Nope. Wishful thinking. There is no Gfx type function for controlling the X-axis and there is no code in the library or anywhere that does this. Yes, there is code (most of them are wrong) that plot the boxes but do not adjust the X-axis. Same story for Renko. Give it up - you are wrong.

#56     May 19, 2013
  7. We talk at cross purposes. I'm talking about creating a x-axis (and/or y-axis) via GFX! You can turn off the whole chart background including built-in x-axis and y-axis so that they disappear and only your own axes are visible. And you can make your axes and P&F or whatever scrollable, zoomable. Hope you understand now. :) And there are examples about creating price and axes with GFX. I just can't post the code here as it is not my own intellectual property.

#57     May 20, 2013
  8. Here is a very simple multiple symbol price chart example created with GFX and applied in one sheet. And you see that there are multiple custom x-axes and y-axes and default one is invisible?

[​IMG]

#58     May 20, 2013
  9. colion

colion

That is not what is required for price-based charts. You are just changing the type of display not the spacing required by price-based chart. So, lets see you produce a P&F or Renko chart with the required X-axis. Check what a P&F/Renko looks like with appropriate software.

#59     May 20, 2013
  10. I wrote that it is a simple example of a normal price chart and about creating custom axes. P&F would work differently. C'mon use your imagination and forward-thinking.

#60     May 20, 2013