Amibroker - Is it King of retail trading software??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gmst, May 17, 2013.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

MT4 and MT5 are free because they leave your strategies wide open to the brokers who are paying the freight. Sounds like strategy sucking vampire bats to me. Lol

#31     May 18, 2013
  2. apfx

apfx

http://youtu.be/tjvJwlg-g9Y

#32     May 18, 2013
  3. j2ee

j2ee

same for me but I use updated programming language.

#33     May 18, 2013
  4. Bob111

Bob111

here we go. i never used AB, but things like scraping earnings,upgrades\downgrades from certain sources into your database\application. stuff like that. just random example. like i said(referring to IB 's TWS)-you can't have it all. sometimes some of the stuff you have to do it yourself. if one can make steady returns out of regular retail soft-good for them(but i never saw any physical proof of that on ET ). as for me-i'm paranoid and control freak. i can only rely on my stuff,where i know every single line of code.

#34     May 18, 2013
  5. Bob111

Bob111

in my case i stuck with the dilemma-i DAY trade huge baskets of stocks thru the day and preparation+ maintenance is a pain in the a**,that takes most of my time. i simply don't have time to keep up with languages. i wish i do..you just can't have it all. development,support,trading,DB maintenance, YOUR BROKER PLATFORM PROBLEMS,taxes, and so on and plus keeping up with new software,languages. .NET-i have it,top of the line LEGAL enterprise version dvd unopened for a decade or so.

#35     May 18, 2013
    #36     May 19, 2013
  7. j2ee

j2ee

How do you day trade stocks while stocks up and down within a day is not that large. In Hong Kong, buy and sell already have 0.2% tax, just constantly earn 0.2% without leverage within a day is not easy.

#37     May 19, 2013
  8. Thanks APFX, much appreciated! I know of that but it's one side of even driven. I was referring to a different side as scan/exploration checks all symbols (if "Apply to" is set to "Filter" or to "All symbols") regardless if there is a new quote or not. Amibroker took notice of it (see AB forum).

#38     May 19, 2013
  9. Please correct me if I'm wrong but SC is another platform where you can't backtest/optimize portfolio but baskets only. Also portfolio trading seems not to be possible. I think I have read something about it on their forums few months ago.

#39     May 19, 2013
  10. Can't you avoid the tax by using CFD's?

#40     May 19, 2013