AmiBroker Datafeed Question?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by MKTrader, Apr 19, 2006.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm doing a free trial with Amibroker and can't get any data. I've also downloaded Medved Quote Tracker and it's getting "fed" from my Scottrade account. (I also have an OptionsXpress account I could use for this.)

However, I've gone through the help screens with Amibroker and still can't get data from Medved or any other souce. The default data I'm seeing is from 2-3 years ago. I'm really just interested in EOD stock data for now. Is there an easy way to get this? Maybe a feed from Yahoo? If someone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

2. 1) QuoteTracker - you would be better off using optionsXpress for data - better datafeed, you can trade through QT from it, AND if you are not registered, QT will auto register itself if you are an OX client, which it identifies when you login with OX.

2) AB connection to QT might not work if you are not registered, so using OX may help there too. That would be for intraday data only though, since AB does not currently get EOD data from QT.

Did you contact Tomasz about the issue?

3. lwlee

lwlee

1) Add your stock symbols in workspace.

2) Database settings, Base time interval should be "End of Day". Data source keep as "(local database)". Numbers of bars to load as many as you need, eg 1500.

3) Tools, Auto-Update quotes (US, Canada)

Last step will automatically run AmiQuote which will retrieve data from Yahoo Finance for EOD stocks.

Until you register, the data won't save to the database.

4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I'll give it a shot in the next few days.