Amgen In July

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Derrik Hobbs, Jul 7, 2003.

1. I'm not affiliated commercially with TradingMarkets and I have never communicated directly with Derrik. I have emailed Larry Connors and PM'd Dave Landry previously, and both have been very helpful. I have also used two $50 coupons {because I'm a tightwad} to purchase books from TradingMarkets, one of which I just received today and from what I have seen it is excellent material. The other book was excellent also. So for the cost of shipping I have received two excellent references, and have an open line with some cool insiders at TM who know a lot about trading and have never once tried to sell me anything.

The truth is there are several people here on ET that have the knowledge and experience to write books and run money. Some have done so. And yes.... ambition is exactly what it takes.

I bet Dan Marino could come here and try to help people learn how to throw a pass and he would get bashed for never having won a Super Bowl.... and probably by guys who throw like a girl.

#51     Nov 11, 2003
  2. Sorry you feel that way. Your perception is not reality.

Oh, this "shovel" I'm using to trade AMGN must be broken...The trade is only up 10 pts...can you help me "dig" out of this horrible trade.

With all my love,

Sincere Man of The People :D

#52     Nov 11, 2003
  3. Man of the people... you failed 1) to post year to date RESULTS OR 2) the name of your hedge fund. You failed the test buddy. I'm not gonna call you.

P.S. You still have an opportunity to redeem yourself by posting HERE either #1 or #2.

#53     Nov 11, 2003
  4. He offers to give you his number so you can speak with him personally and you don't accept that. Or you have it and don't call. You're not afraid to speak with someone you have been badmouthing are you?

#54     Nov 11, 2003
  5. The "man of the people" thing was me making light of the matter...

618 Capital Partners, LP

...I also emailed you personally so we can talk.

I know there's an ounce of love somewhere in ya Traderkay

-D

#55     Nov 11, 2003
  6. jay123

jay123

Hey Derrick your right...you have a great trade there in AMGN. I asked around to a few buddies and I didnt realize who you were in the trading world. Now I know...please dont have me whacked.
    I am willing to punch your tickets or run out for your lunch to make up for any insults or discomfort I may have caused you. I am going to order your book about fib retracements as I have alot to learn and its great to be able to learn from a master like yourself. Once again Mr. Hobbs 1000 thousand apolgoies it wont happen again.

#56     Nov 11, 2003
  7. Thank you Jay. Who knew ET would have such a drama unfold. This is better than made for TV movies :p

#57     Nov 11, 2003
  8. Mecro

Mecro

I emailed you for an updated chart and never got a response. What gives?

#58     Nov 11, 2003
  9. Gettin ready to send 'em out tonight.

-D

#59     Nov 11, 2003
  10. Based on the following I am covering the AMGN short:

1) Previous weekly decline was 17 weeks...this decline from the July high is now at 17 weeks...very symmetrical.

2) AMGN is approaching daily and weekly price support and with Tuesday's price action suggests we could be in for one of its 4 to 6 point countertrend rallies before continuing the downtrend.

So, I'm closin and runnin and waiting for that pullback to develop and look to get back on the horse. If I miss further downside...oh well...still a decent trade.

-D

#60     Nov 11, 2003