Amgen In July

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Derrik Hobbs, Jul 7, 2003.

1. This is a great community to be involved in...but look out, that Landry is a wild man! :)

#21     Jul 10, 2003
  2. Yes... I've seen his videos and read his book. He makes a mean powerpoint slide.

I'm looking forward to both of your contributions.

Thanks.

#22     Jul 10, 2003
  3. AMGN hit the 1.618 Fib extension level of the Bearish Butterfly pattern from the daily chart that I posted a couple days ago. If this pattern "fails" on the daily chart then we could see a good chance for this stock running up through the larger time frame resistance from 70 to 75. If it holds, it may serve as a low risk short set up. I'll keep you posted on my activity here. So far, no move.

-D

#23     Jul 10, 2003
  4. I'm now short AMGN with a stop above the double top on the 30 min chart around 70.40ish.

-D

#24     Jul 10, 2003
  5. Working out nicely so far. Good luck! :)

#25     Jul 10, 2003
  6. Thanks...its up to the probability gods now...I got my stop in.

#26     Jul 10, 2003
  7. That's a good saying. I was thinking about something like that this morning before the market opened. Once you open a position, and especially when you hold overnight, it's out of your hands. You can only manage the position by changing the number of shares or closing it, but the actual movement is uncontrollable. It's an interesting concept.

#27     Jul 10, 2003
  8. DH,

Your stop got triggered I presume, but AMGN has a nice inverted hammer, closing at the top end of your daily Gartley chart. Did you reverse and go long? Flat and on to the next one? Or are you wating another short opp?

#28     Jul 14, 2003
  9. Hey there. Yes...stopped out based on the daily chart, but still very interested in the short trade based on the weekly chart from the original post. You're right...nice candlestick today. So, waiting on another short opp here.

-D

#29     Jul 15, 2003
  10. VictorS

VictorS

keep us posted on your actions with this one. (or any similar situations)

#30     Jul 15, 2003