ameritrade Level 1 size is fake

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SoesWasBetter, Feb 15, 2017.

1. That's right. using the TOS platform, and all their others asfaik , they only show the bid ask size for the primary exchange, not the total of all routes.

So they can be showing 100 when its really 10,000

You would need to look at level 2 to get the right figure.

Inexcusable. IB does it right.

2. You need to add 00 , its not fake.

Metamega likes this.
  3. Thanks. After 30 years of trading I really didn't know that.

Try again pal.

4. I'm probably wising up most of you who's powers of observation are at 1 or 2 on a scale of 10

No need to thank me. Just call Ameritrade and tell them it stinks.

5. comagnum

comagnum

Up to 90% of all posted quotes are HFT spoofed. L2 was once a good trader tool prior to around 2004 when HFTs came on the scene. IB sends snapshots of quotes - not exactly real-time. There are much better data feeds over IB if you want to avoid lag - but for a deep discount broker what can you expect.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    wrbtrader and Gotcha like this.
  6. sorry, you lose.
    your post ,also, totally off topic nonsense.

there are more posters on chat boards spoofing themselves as traders, then fake hft quotes. by a factor of 1000

7. Nothing I posted about has anything to do with your rant, Cromangum. Sincerely hope your trading is better than your reading comprehension, but doubt it.

8. comagnum

comagnum

Sorry man - my bad. My trading is on track. Maybe I am just old & cranky and need to chill out in the sun today. I do miss the days when L2 was untainted by the spoofing.

9. I wrote the book on old and cranky, lots of practice from when I was young and cranky

10. Metamega

Metamega

TD direct investing does the same( Canadian TD). They just post how many lots there are each size on level 1 data. Not sure how one would say that stinks.

#10     Feb 15, 2017