Ameritrade Down

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Actuarial_Fun, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Ameritrade ToS and Mobile is completely offline! Electrical outage? Been on the phone for 30 minutes, obviously nobody answering. Shorting oil futures contract right before everything went offline. Not sure the contract went through, as you can't see on their website. It looked like my funds available didn't change so it looks as if it didn't go through...at least not yet. I wrote an email saying that I want to cover the position at market immediately. Will this be documented proof in case I actually have the position?

What are others doing? If I new I had the position and knew what would happen with it I would just buy at IB, but obviously I don't know any of what is going on.

I also have ES options expiring at 4PM today. I guess I'll write an email for those too. Ugh...

taowave likes this.
  2. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

No prob here on TOS... fyi

3. Did you have an outage from around 1:00 to 2:30? They said it happened to only some users, but I assume it happened to everyone. Thanks.

4. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

Why would you use TDA for trading futures? their commissions are ridiculous.

schizo likes this.
  5. taowave

taowave

Happened to me starting at 12:45..

6. birdman

birdman

Today, May 4th, at 10:15 Eastern i have had 23 round trips at TOS and the last 4 or 5 of them took 10 to 15 seconds to execute (all market orders). Happens way too often these days. I like TOS, but at some point you have to wonder.

7. Wow, is it that the executed price is just delayed coming back to you (but is executing immediately) or is it actually filling 10 to 15 seconds later? Hopefully the former.

8. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Does anybody else get occasional fill confirmation delays? No confirmation for a couple to a handful
    of minutes. Small amount of shares, market order.

Other times, trade wouldn't execute (very liquid stock etf) for 10 minutes,
    customer service says it was routed to "stock loan" and it was 10 shares
    of SPY???

Like what?

Even still, isn't "available to short" automated?

I don't think tos is built for serious day trading.

9. birdman

birdman

In today's instance, it was just a delay in the platform acknowledging the execution, but some days it has been a delay in the execution. Even if you do get the price shown when you clicked, a 15 second delay hurts, as many of my trades only last about 15-20 seconds.

A couple of hours later, it was working correctly.

10. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Yep, same thing happened to me, its frustrating.

It took about a minute to confirm execution.

If you're trading at the open any kind of serious size you're screwed.
    Not the platform to be using

#10     May 4, 2020