Ameritrade(Datek) Direct

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by zxcv1fu, Nov 28, 2002.

1. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Are you talking about the Command Center?

#61     Feb 5, 2003
  2. Thanks for the good info Steve. That is cool.

- Deb Trader

#62     Feb 5, 2003
  3. I don't think he was referring to the Command Center, although you can enter orders in a similar format in the Command Center (I don't know about the trailing stops, though).

I believe Steve was referring to the standard "Trade" screen where there is a link to "Activate Express Trading."

- Deb Trader

#63     Feb 5, 2003
  4. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I trade often enough that I have Apex status. It provides me with some free stuff that may not be the same with reguler clients.

#64     Feb 5, 2003
  5. No, I'm talking about a so called "rapid order entry" dialog box, one of the small treasures on Datek's web site. This box is small like a jewelry box. You can open this box from your "trade home" page. Look for the link in the lower right hand corner of your "trade home" page.

Please don't confuse this small dialog box with your "command center" window; the latter is much bigger and more elaborate; I have the latter, too, but don't like it and don't use it.

#65     Feb 5, 2003
  6. :p

#66     Feb 5, 2003
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I have found it. Like the Direct better. Every one has his/her preference.

#67     Feb 5, 2003
  8. u130747

u130747

I just transfered my IRA to IB and closed my regular account today. Too high commissions.

Bert

#68     Feb 5, 2003
  9. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

IB is lower if u trade hundreds of shares. When you trade 5000 shares at a time, Ameritrade is better.

#69     Feb 6, 2003