Ameritrade(Datek) Direct

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by zxcv1fu, Nov 28, 2002.

1. #51     Jan 31, 2003
  2. def

def Sponsor

#52     Jan 31, 2003
  3. Thanks. This link worked. Certainly explains some stuff for me.

- Deb Trader

#53     Feb 1, 2003
  4. I concur.

#54     Feb 1, 2003
  5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I am using the Direct since I have not learned to use command center yet (do not know which is better). Ameritrade does have trailing stop. In order to see the intradat charts, I use free QuoteTraker using Ameritrade's data feed. An excellent combination!

#55     Feb 1, 2003
  6. I'm not sure what you mean by "the Direct." Could you explain?

I'm pretty sure that Ameritrade doesn't have a trailing stop. I just emailed them telling them that I was going to close my account because they lacked trailing stops. They emailed me back confirming that they don't have trailing stops and had no plans of implementing them.

On the other hand, it could have been one of their less knowledgible staff members. Where do you find the trailing stops?

Thanks,

- Deb Trader

#56     Feb 2, 2003
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

After you in Quote & Trade, click Direct....

#57     Feb 2, 2003
  8. Hmm. In Ameritrade, I don't see "Quote & Trade." Just a "Trade" tab. Nothing I can find says "Direct" or "Trailing Stop." Are you using Ameritrade or Datek?

- Deb Trader

#58     Feb 3, 2003
  9. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I am a datek user & got merged to Ameritrade. Please call the broker.

#59     Feb 3, 2003
  10. Forget about Datek's horrible customer service, and D.I.Y.S. Go to your "trading home" page on datek.com. Click "rapid order entry" in the lower right corner. Do this outside regular market hours. In your rapid order window enter "b100ibm t80%" (without the quotes). Translation: buy 100 IBM at market, and then sell the same at market if price drops $20%. See how easy this is? Alternatively, in your rapid order window enter "b100ibm t10" (without the quotes). Translation: buy 100 IBM at market, and then sell the same at market if price drops $10.

#60     Feb 5, 2003