Ameritrade Data Down All Day

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by dsq, Jul 16, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

quotes have been frozen on/off all day over here....maybe its my quotetracker platform but td acknowleged the problem...i can get quotes through their horrible quote/trading platform but you cant really trade with it...fk i missed some nice trades...had a few trades early but then the system went down...

2. allin

allin

Yea, I'm having the same issue. Everything gets updated once a minute or not at all.

3. dsq

dsq

i bitched and they gave me 10 free trades...fk it cost me way more than that in messed up trades...they told me its fine that they fixed the problem...my azz its freezin up again...lame

4. Quotetracker is working fine for me.
    Just try switching which server you connect to.
    Try the server that ends in ".34"

5. Apparently there were two issues that both combined, put the "whammy" on TD Ameritrade today right from the opening.

One, was some sort of a CODE issue and not necessarily server related as I had previously mentioned on another thread.

Another issue had to do with TD Ameritrade's actual website.

They are doing a complete "post-mortum" review in order to get to the exact crux of the problem so that it won't happen again.

But boy . . . talk about timing!

6. dsq

dsq

ya at about 1130 pst they told me all was fixed so i placed a trade and got all frozen/delayed again ...i got barely in time to cover my short....

to have this happen for an entire day ?
    Also ive been waiting 3 weeks for this big up day so it sucks big.