America's Sharp Turn Left

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Most of the points made in the article are ture to varying degrees, but I'll tell you what pushed the country over the edge IMO. The 2008 financial meltdown and subsequent lack of prosecution for those at the center of the biggest financial scam in history. Millions lost their homes, jobs, pretty much everything. They wanted some justice, so they voted for those that traditionally "talk" about being the protectors of the common man. The cruel and tragic irony of it all, they were screwed by the right and the left, and the leftist administration they have supported, TWICE, has not been able to bring a single prosecution to court. NOT ONE! A republican president would have already been impeached. Talk about getting played for a chump. Hello Obama supporters.

#11     Mar 20, 2013
  2. jem

jem

it seems to me as people get older they become more conservative if they are successful.

the dems found a way to keep the spigot of lesser successful open.

One pull people into the underclass by giving them just enough to never want to gain skills.

Immigration. (the republican leaders sold us out on that one two)

Now, please do not get me wrong. I like it when Asian kids are in childrens classes. And I traveled through Mexico and really like Mexican people. And obviously tons are hard working.

If the political structure of the country had not been tipped by immigration I would not be complaining... other than the fact California is too crowded, broke and over taxed.

#12     Mar 20, 2013
  3. "Liberalism" appears to work for only a short while... so long as there are assets and work from non-parasites available to distribute to the parasite class.

Once the "producing class" is milked dry... and "everybody is equal"... everybody is EQUALLY POOR! (Except... for the "ruling elites". The sheeple don't realize they are workhorses for the elites... not much different from black slaves in 1800 America.... or any other slavery in world history... and for those who don't know... there is LOTS AND LOTS of slavery throughout world history.)

Don't believe it? Study a little of world financial history... like the USSR before its collapse.

:D :D

#13     Mar 20, 2013
  4. I certainly wouldn't vote for Romney to fix the wall street problem

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/index.php

[​IMG]

#14     Mar 20, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Duhhhh. We all know you only vote for liberals who don't have a clue like Obama.

#15     Mar 20, 2013
  6. jem

jem

Well we know 30 percent of googles revenues are the govt.

I wonder what portion of those other entities income is from the govt.

We also read that Microsoft had legal issues until they caved to govt requests.

Any doubt the other companies are forking over the money for similar reasons.

#16     Mar 20, 2013
  7. Had McCain been elected we would have heard a constant drum beat about prosecuting people in the financial industry. It would have never let up until something was done. It would have been justified. A unemployment rate that stayed up like it has would have been all put on him. A skyrocketing DOW while unemployment stayed high, and he would have been accused of pandering to Wall Street. Where's the MSM with Obama at the helm? Willfully ignorant and silent. McCain would have been impeached under the vary same circumstances, and he would have deserved it.

5 years. FIVE F'N years and not a single prosecution.

#17     Mar 20, 2013
  8. Speculation Cap

#18     Mar 20, 2013
  9. Yes, pure speculation, but I don't think any person who is honest about the nature of our news media would argue that a republican president would have been treated far differently during the past 5 years with regard to prosecuting those at the center of the financial crisis, or in this case with Obama at the helm, the lack thereof.

#19     Mar 20, 2013