America's public servants are now its masters

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tom B, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Let's try an experiment. Cut all government salaries by 30%. Cut benefits tied to salaries, such as pensions, by the same amount. See how many government employees depart for the private sector. I'll bet damn few do. Proving that the government is vastly overpaying and doing it with our tax dollars.
    --------------------------------------

Lets try another experiment. See if you can read this.

I retired from DOD in 1984 because I was tired of the Reagan bull shit.

I was a top of the grade gm-14 making just $54,000 as an aeronautical engineer.

A few days later, I got a job in private industry making $120,000 a year which wasn't a bad piece of change back then.

Here is some more bad news for you. I was only 50 years old at the time and drawing a federal pension on top of the cash.:D

#11     Sep 10, 2010
  2. rew

rew

Yup, the government pensions are killing us tax payers.

#12     Sep 10, 2010
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D

#13     Sep 10, 2010
  4. le140

le140

How about this:

Our manager, a GS-15, making over 140K per year and his duties are stocking the break room with sodas and snacks and organizing the annual picnic.

You guys need to write to your Representatives and have them shut down these places.

:mad: :mad:

#14     Sep 10, 2010
  5. Look where you are... and you were TIRED of Regan's BS?

What else do you believe you "deserve"? Miss America to suck your dick every morning too??

#15     Sep 10, 2010
  6. le140

New Post 09-10-10 01:52 PM

How about this:

Our manager, a GS-15, making over 140K per year and his duties are stocking the break room with sodas and snacks and organizing the annual picnic.

You guys need to write to your Representatives and have them shut down these places.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/reply...postid=2949208#
    ---------------------------------------------------

Where do you work for the government.

You can take care of this yourself. Did you ever hear of a grievance.

I filed two at the Naval Surface Weapons Center and it scared the bastards to death.

Via private phone call the department head told me, " you leave us alone and we will leave you alone.

I had nothing to hide but they had plenty to hide.
    Go for it.

#16     Sep 10, 2010
  7. What else do you believe you "deserve"? Miss America to suck your dick every morning too??
    --------------
    I know where "scata" belongs and so do you.

Can you imagine a man whose handle is "shithead" in Greek.

#17     Sep 10, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

who cares. his knowledge of computers which he generously shares is one of the reasons ET is worthwhile.

#18     Sep 10, 2010
  9. A start should be to limit ALL pensions to a maximum of 100k.
    No exceptions.
    There should also be a limit to salaries, maybe 200k.
    I'm not talking about these figures going forward but immediately.
    And all PIKs should be factored in.
    & then have a comprehensive review so that people at all levels get what they are worth in the current economic environment.

#19     Sep 10, 2010
  10. who cares. his knowledge of computers which he generously shares is one of the reasons ET is worthwhile.
    --------------------------------------

Gosh! I apologize. I didn't realize he was so important because he's been on my ignore list until yesterday. :D :D :D :D :D :D

#20     Sep 10, 2010