America's Middle-Class Is Losing Ground to Canada's

Discussion in 'Economics' started by GRULSTMRNN, Sep 1, 2019.

1. volpri

volpri

Have a friend that lives in Leduc. Been to that mall in Edmonton that has the indoor beach with sand and waves...etc.

We (wife and myself) drove/road a motorcycle to Canada pulling a camper. There must be some, somewhere, but gotta say I didn’t see any slums or rundown neighborhoods in any town or cities I went to in Canada. Looked like to me the “normal” person was doing pretty good. Tim Hortons coffee and donuts doing well and I think paying the employees 15 to 23 per hour. Canadian.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    #11     Sep 2, 2019
    piezoe and jys78 like this.
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

First explanation is they aren't "bubble" valuations.

#12     Sep 2, 2019
  3. zdreg

zdreg

Through ever higher taxes, The Middle Class in America supports the seemingly permanent Underclass.

#13     Sep 3, 2019
  4. No? A shit home in Vancouver for 1.5-2 million cad is not bubble? I assess the fair value at around 500-600k,given its metro Vancouver. All else is hyped up property valuations by Chinese and techies. But that's what supply and demand is pricing those junkyards at,

#14     Sep 3, 2019
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Go Canada! In fact, if you're young, healthy, smart, hard working, and polite, Go To Canada. That's where the best opportunities lie. And you get the bonus of living in a beautiful country with clean air and clean water.

#15     Sep 3, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  6. It's not that easy, well paying jobs are really scarce and by my estimate a job in Canada does not offer a great lifestyle for anyone who makes less than 80k a year, and 80k per year reaches senior level positions in Canada. That is about half of the first salary I was paid after grad school in 2006 (half, in equal currency terms, using recent exchange rates). Vancouver offers some really bleak job market unless one is an accountant and is happy to take home 60 or 70k BEFORE taxes. Toronto is perhaps the only place in Canada where it's at, job wise.

But otherwise my dream country, great people, great nature, a dream for anyone who is self employed and makes enough to enjoy life and the outdoors.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    #16     Sep 3, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

+ you don't have to deal with pc- no not personal computer but political correctness. e.g. my post- The Middle Class in America supports the seemingly permanent Underclass. I did not describe the underclass in order not to deal with blabbering that I am a racist etc.
    Canada is blessed not to have to deal with pc nonsense.

#17     Sep 3, 2019
  8. You are dreaming. Search for "Jordan Peterson" and you shall find. What happened to him is a disgrace.

#18     Sep 3, 2019
  9. zdreg

zdreg

it is always easy to find one counter - example If you differ provide examples and links.

#19     Sep 3, 2019
  10. tsznecki

tsznecki

There is plenty of PC bullshit that goes on in Canada. @GRULSTMRNN is retarded about Canadian RE, but he is right about the PC stuff.

#20     Sep 3, 2019