Americans' tax burden is lightest in developed world

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraderZones, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Astounding brilliance like this is the norm for political hacks and economic goofyspeak.

Fortunately anyone with an IQ over 90 can tell you that is completely myopic in scope and stupid overall.

#41     Nov 27, 2009
  2. It's safe to say 80% of Profit made in the US is returned to federal, state/local governments in all the various channels of taxes.

Just between corporate tax rates, social security, and income taxes we can in general assume that's over 70% tax right there. The American tax system is by far the most complex in the developed world.

Here's what I pay:

-25% on income
    -11% on social security
    -12% gasoline tax
    -8.75% sales tax
    -3% income to health care (firm covers 80%)
    -1.5% property tax

Misc:

Bridgetolls, DMV fees, luxury tax (boats, rv etc) fishing taxes, hunting license, smog fees, electronic disposal fees, water, garbage, sewage

Obviously the weightings aren't accurate, but it's a point.

Oh and I don't feel bad for Europe. They work 28 hour work weeks for crying out loud!

#42     Nov 27, 2009
  3. Yeah when i use to work for calyon bank in france, anything over 24 hours was overtime, i don't think i had one week over 20 hour.

80k euros and 20 hours a week, wish i had a european citizenship.

#43     Nov 27, 2009
  4. USA has massive debt and a very ugly current account balance. Please explain to me how a lower dollar will not help. And don't tell me "because my savings are worth less". I am well educated in economics.

Do you really think the dollar is being devalued for no reason? The Fed is smarter than you think...

#44     Nov 27, 2009
  5. By the way, it is only considered "economic goofyspeak" by those who don't understand it.

#45     Nov 27, 2009
  6. Really?
    Were you always a moron or was that something you picked up in that goofyspeak education of yours?

#46     Nov 27, 2009
  7. #47     Nov 27, 2009
  8. Your response tells me you have no idea why you want the USD to appreciate, and why a low value USD is a bad thing for the USA, as you've stated. Please stay out of conversations with which the content is over your head, and refrain from insulting those whose intelligence is clearly on another level than yours.

#48     Nov 27, 2009
  9. 1) First when you say USA do you mean gubbermint or private?

2) Well of course you are (snicker) well versed in economic goofyspeak.

3) No, of course not: the relative worth of a dollar has many causes.

4) Perhaps they are and perhaps they are not. The real question is , in who's best interests is the FED acting?

#49     Nov 27, 2009

10. 1) Well of course I know why I want the dollar to appreciate.
    May I bring your attention to definitions 1b & 2.

You see if you were not so attached to your moronic goofyspeak you would know that increase is the opposite of decrease or devalue.( please see quote below)

I prefer my net worth and purchasing power to grow larger for the goods and services that I want. Thus I choose an appreciating dollar vs a devaluing one.

2) If this going over your head economic goofyspeak boy just let me know.

3) Well my mom always told me it wasn't nice to pick on "tards" like you.

Problem is, if people are too nice to tards they have a tendency to run amok and do considerable damage.

#50     Nov 27, 2009