Americans Support Cutting The Deficit, But Not Cutting (their)Specific Programs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

#11     Jul 7, 2012
  2. I understand how you see things now...if your intellect is limited why waste time educating it. We should ignore stuff. You're for ignorant education. That is, education that ignores stuff. I think Bob Jones U does that.

Like I said before, not surprised you think this way given your past positions.

#12     Jul 7, 2012
  3. How much do we spend on "defense" again? Something like 40% of our discretionary ? I think that's also coincidentally the amount of control the military complex has on our government.

#13     Jul 7, 2012
  4. Completely agree. The cumulative effect is what matters.

Notice it's very difficult to get around the vast majority of these "ancillary" taxes.

#14     Jul 7, 2012
  5. So we get rid of public schools and education, great idea. Then only the very rich will be able to afford to educate their kids. So, a whole generation of spoiled brats will be able to use their revised history to control the masses, GREAT IDEA.

Even funnier, some of these posters actually think their kids will go to private schools. Most cannot even afford to educate themselves.

#15     Jul 8, 2012
  6. Yes, because only the very rich can afford a $15 phonics book and $20 math books.

Great critical thinking skills you have there, too. I write that we should cut the excess fat off what kids are learning and you read that as I said we should get rid of education completely. Obviously the current public school education didn't help you much.

#16     Jul 8, 2012
  7. Oh sure, I can see you have never bothered going to school. Just put a book down and they read it? I suppose you're against all thinking for the kids, perhaps like the new Texas Rep mandates. Or, do you not even know what they're proposing?

Just for your perusal: The Texas Republican Party platform: Creationism, denialism, “health freedom,” and “vaccine choice” all rolled up into one big antiscience ball

Look, try not attacking your opponent, it rarely works. And, I'll admit that I sometimes fall into the trap as well. Without public education, however, we, as a Nation, will just get worse.

#17     Jul 8, 2012