Americans set record for charitable giving in 2006

Discussion in 'Politics' started by indahook, Jun 25, 2007.

1. You are one stupid Japanese man eh? Must be the one dunce out of 1mm.

Whos talking about products? I`m talking about financial markets.

Clearly you give a enough of a fuck about me to keep coming back!

How much per capita did the Japanese give to the world in 2006?

#11     Jun 26, 2007
  2. of course i care about u my man! don't mean to patronize here but the "u" in my previous post referred to the USovA...

i don't know dude, i just live there because after living / working in 8-13 countries, i found that thats the one that doesn't suck for a PT like me...

financial markets? i'd trade zimbabwean bonds over US equity any time. at least there's no doubt its all junk and all about insider trading and money management: a real level-playing field :)))

in any event, i trade the forex. its called london. your 2nd tier and i don't do losers...

ciao pal, pat yrself on the back for charity brownie points all u want, u still suck big time as a country

(ok, except chicago cause my wife wants to move back there... and NY... and Frisco... and Maui... and... ohhh well... where d'u live?)

#12     Jun 26, 2007
  3. just one thing though, i don't mind learning from strangers...

watcha mean by "giving some GDP to the world"??? like thats supposed to be a bounty for the rest of the world, artificial growth fuelled by a hyper-massive credit (debt) bubble thats just waiting to burst in yr face??? plse educate me here...
    :confused:

or perhaps u don't mean GDP... what then, birth rate???

#13     Jun 26, 2007
  4. At least we agree in that. I live in NY and want to move to HI..kauai north coast.

Anyhow, your doom and gloom bubble bursting scenario has not happened yet. If and when it does you will get a nod from me.

Hey, you are entitled to your opinion about the USA. I agree out govt officials are sharks. I hate them as much as you.

But you cant possibly think the Japanese economy is better off?

Thread...wayyy..offfff....topic.

#14     Jun 27, 2007
  5. Let's remove the tax deduction for individuals and corporations for charitable donations, and see how well America does...

#15     Jun 27, 2007
  6. fhl

fhl

I've got a better idea. Let's remove TAXES and see how America does.

You wouldn't want to consider that idea would you. No more power for your kind if you don't get to hand out other people's money.

#16     Jun 27, 2007
  7. Irrelevant. The deductions exist.

#17     Jun 27, 2007
  8. with a debt/gdp ratio > 180%, no, its not exactly awesome at a macro-level... having said that things are honestly going ok+ at the micro-level... but yeah, we're digressing...

one thing i always thought was great in the american uni world was the honour system (not unique to the US of course but...)... you guys gotta fight to maintain that, even if there are cheats...

cheers ;-)

#18     Jun 27, 2007
  9. Not interested in removing taxes, don't need to regress back to a feudal system...

#19     Jun 27, 2007
  10. Very relevant...

We would see genuine charitable contributions if there was not motive for tax deductions and offsetting gains...

Give till it hurts, so let's start the hurtin' with no tax incentives...

#20     Jun 27, 2007