Americans Say They’re Better Off Since Obama Took Office

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I saw the same thing on Hardball. I think one of the problems with these poll questions is it's obvious the question is loaded. In other words, the person you are asking knows you are essentially asking whether or not you are going to vote for Obama. So that means one has to take the political lean into consideration as well. Had they asked first if they would vote for Obama and then ask them next if they were better off now then 3 years ago, then you could get a more accurate reading.

#11     Jun 21, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Perhaps, but they don't feel that way, which is important to the election.

#12     Jun 21, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can't make the argument for occupy wall street and also the argument for being better off.

#13     Jun 21, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

I agree, or another way they could do it If they wanted to get a more accurate number on those types of questions, they should probably not even bother with registered republicans or registered democrats, and just take a thousand random independents and see how that ends up.....

#14     Jun 21, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Nice point, but I don't think the general public really spends much time thinking about inequality, day to day, though when asked they have an opinion.

The dogs battling under the table are catching more scraps of late, so they feel better.

#15     Jun 21, 2012
  6. hughb

hughb

It's true, I'm better off now than when Obama first took the oath. However, it had nothing to do with Obama. How do these people organize their lives in such a way that the government has such a profound affect upon it? Weird.

#16     Jun 21, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Well, one way is to be in a business where government is your main, or even your only, customer.

#17     Jun 21, 2012
  8. Mercor

Mercor

How much of this credit goes to the Republican House that in Obama's words "has stopped everything he has wanted to do"

#18     Jun 21, 2012
  9. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19     Jun 21, 2012