Americans say no to bailouts, even if economy is harmed

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cutten, Sep 23, 2008.

1. how does not wanting to give someone a huge welfare check out of your own pocket mean that you 'envy' the person asking for the welfare?

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. They're going to do whatever they want, they're not asking the payers. Why are payers under the illusion that government listens to the payers?

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. ron2368

ron2368

If they know they need 700 b then I want to see a list of who are the bailout candidates, how much money they need, and specific reasons why they need this done. Besides AIG who needs a bailout????????

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. every person opposed to this needs to call their congressman and say 'no bailout'

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. ha ha ha, that is THE question

Paulson should be in prison - this is a looting of the treasury, plain and simple

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  6. Bernanke lost my vote after, live on CSPAN, he laughed at everyone in America whose primary investment is in their home, saying that such 'typical Americans' deserve to be hurt financially unless they diversify globally. What an asshole. Alot of people break their bodies to pay for their home. He's right up there with Osama, IMO.

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  7. That's true on MOST issues. No doubt if a pollsters asks: "Do you approve the $700bil taxpayer funded bailout of greedy Wall Street banks?" the answer will be no by 90% of respondents. Yet the question itself is fallacious on many different level.

Like Santelli just this second said if the phrase had been “rescue plan” the results would be much different.

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  8. Exactly! The reason people are saying no is because of all the smoke and mirrors. Further, I'd want some names of those responsible. Names of top exec's all the way down to the people who approved the NINJA loans. I want those people held accountable. At a minimum all salaries, commissions and bonuses returned. All of their assets liquidated. Criminal prosecution where appropriate.
    Yeah, I know, get real, ain't gonna' happen. But if you want to know why the average Joe is saying to fuck yourselves, I'll take my chances...that's why.

#18     Sep 24, 2008
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Congress will fold............there isn't a pair in the whole room. :D

#19     Sep 24, 2008

10. The worst part of it is that, despite common sense and the will of the people, the bill will still pass. Those opposed may be able to get some tiny inconsequential concessions added to it, but otherwise it will pass through completely intact, like a giant f--ing kidney stone.

#20     Sep 24, 2008