Americans now you wished you voted for Gore :D

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jul 18, 2006.

Do you wish you voted for gore

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. :eek: This is a joke right? You honestly can't believe half of this because it is contradictory for it to be right. Katrina was a failing of government, not a party. No matter who was in charge, the aftermath would have happened to a large extent.

Iraq? I don't care to try explain it. It has never made sense no matter when you look at it. All the way back to when Saddam took power. It has been a thorn for more years than any of us care to admit. We have always just picked sides in the region, back through many presidents. And all the presidents have done whatever it took to placate the bastard of the day. Each one of them have been an American puppet at one time or another. Clinton was just the last in a line of "give them a toy and let 'em go play in the dirt" guys.

Had Gore been president Osama would not have been caught because we would not have been at war. Or are you saying that the towers would have been dropped with him in office too? Not the great Gore! Say it isn't so!!!

Al quaeda (your spelling) would not have needed to be broken up because they would not have done anything. You have to stay consistent here. Gore would not have needed to break them up so they'd still be there. Planning for the day when a republican was in charge.

Reeves alive because of stem cell research funding alone? I'll just leave that alone totally. There are too many other things that would have had to happen for that to be possible. You assume too many perfect storms there in that research category.

Clearly you don't need to respond to me here. I was just thinking out loud. I won't be responding to you in any event. You clearly have all this worked out. Please excuse my writing. :)

#21     Jul 18, 2006
  2. This was not directed at me and we never know what alternative history would be but ....
    Gore would not have been on vacation in August.
    Gore would not have lied.

Gore would not have been on vacation in August.

#22     Jul 18, 2006
  3. Holmes

Holmes

No no, no sheep. He is using goats, they can squeal just like kids.

(besides the wool is preventing him from getting anywhere with that undersized piece of anatomy)

#23     Jul 19, 2006
  4. The Saudis hate Osama. He'd be arrested on the spot if he were to show his face there. Even though the Saudis fund all sorts of terrorist groups, they prefer to do it under the table. Osama is bad press for them big time.

Besides, why would the US care what the Saudis think? The Saudis guarantee the US oil because we protect them, not only from their neighbors, but from their own people. This is an agreement that goes back decades. Saudi Arabia would not even exist as it is today otherwise.

#24     Jul 19, 2006
  5. Mahram, you consistently post anti us shit, but what do u stand for? yes u hate the us, but that makes u exactly equal to a terrorist, yet u live in Canada? Grow some nads and try and kill me at least! and you're girlfriends parents have a parent teacher conference manana

#25     Jul 19, 2006
  6. And happily for me, he was not president either. Being on vacation, or not, would not have caused/caused the government to fail. The reaction would have been the same in the long run because there was no way to change any of the major things that failed. Maybe they would have got there three hours earlier or later. Maybe not!

Gore already has a small history of truth altering and convenient memory lapses also. Especially when it comes to accepting campaign contributions from monks. Then there was that staged tour of the capital grounds where he couldn't identify presidential busts. I guess it's part of being a politician sometimes.

I'd prefer if you wouldn't pick a party as better than the other as both sides have fielded some really sh*tty candidates for a couple of elections in a row now. And somehow the next one is not shaping up much better. I'm already beginning to see the rehash on both sides. :)

#26     Jul 19, 2006
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I realize most liberals would support Gore no matter what and most conservatives would oppose him just the same. But politics aside, I met Gore in person back when he and Clinton were running for the white house the first time. He is by far and away the the most rude, arrogant condescending jerk I have ever met before or since. So mush so I would venture to say that if his supporters were able to see the Gore I've seen (behind the scenes) they might find their enthusiasm for him curbed just a bit.

On a side note, I didn't meet his wife in person but the guys I worked with at the time did. According to them "Tipper" is a real sweetheart.

#27     Jul 19, 2006
  8. Instead, we have a really "sh*t"ty president. How can any candidate (Kerry included) not be better that Bush? Seriously?

This poll was last November.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/04/opinion/polls/main1011154.shtml
    I'm sure there is an even larger buyr's remorse today.

#28     Jul 19, 2006
  9. This is either from someone who is intimidated by Gore's intellect or is simply malicious smearing. I've met Gore in person several times. He is warm, smart, and have a really good sense of humor, quite opposite of his public image.

On second thought, maybe you are simply extrapolating from Gore's public image - that means that you haven't really met Gore in person.

#29     Jul 19, 2006
  10. Sign of the times - $150 to get out of Lebanon

"The White House defended asking Americans to reimburse the estimated $150 cost of their passage, and the ambassador said the evacuation's slow start was intended to safeguard Americans."

--------

Subsidies to oil companies, non-competitive contracts to defense contractors even if they don't do the work, but if your a taxpayer overseas, don't rely on the Bush admin to save you, if anything, you should've learned from 9/11 and katrinna that when Americans are in trouble, Generalissimo Bush has more important matters - a pet goat and a cake in San Diego.

#30     Jul 19, 2006