Americans Had Better Start Standing Up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 26, 2013.

1. jem

jem

commended for what? teaching a warped view of history.

#11     Feb 26, 2013

2. I was speaking about the freedom fighter thing. I don't know about the ethnic cleansing thing. It does seem that genocide is the better term there.

#12     Feb 26, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

LOL 'Ignorance is bliss' comes only from you lefties.

#13     Feb 26, 2013
  4. Genocide: The deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group.

Ethnic Cleansing: The elimination of an unwanted group from a society, as by genocide or forced migration.

http://www.munfw.org/archive/50th/4th1.htm

-----------------------

This is a good article concerning this issue. Seems even the academics are unsure of when and where of "use".

My point is, how much time are the teachers going to spend on this topic regarding the Holocaust? Probably not much, then why start something they're not going to fully explain? You could probably spend an entire semster on the usage, with examples.

#14     Feb 26, 2013
  5. Their involvement in education is unconstitutional, no? They buy their way in with all the Federal funds. A great education can be had for a very small budget, I'd vote for a politician that would turn down the federal $.

#15     Feb 27, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Whoa, wait a second. You think "Freedom Fighters" is a better term for the 9-11 hijackers??

#16     Feb 27, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yeah he's stupid like that.

#17     Feb 27, 2013
  8. I'd let them use the term "freedom fighters" if the Muslims were fighting for freedom of gay rights in the ME, for everything else there's Jihad.

#18     Feb 27, 2013
  9. Yeah, like that will happen... in a land where if you touch your own pee-pee with anything but a ruler, you get beheaded!

My cousin went to Catholic school... said he was required to "use a ruler to tuck his shirt tail in".

#19     Feb 27, 2013
  10. This is wrong on so many levels.

It sounded like the teacher was opposed but had little latitude. Some multiculturalist thugs in the state education bureaucracy forced this on the teachers.

This is freakin' Texas. Rick Perry is governor. And this kind of crap happens. Can you even imagine what it is like in places like california and massachusetts?

Blaming the controversy on "outsiders" is a time-honored deflection manuever by educators. A more common one is intimidation They brush off complaining parents by sneering that "you are the only one who has complained' and imply the parent really needs to stop embarrassing everyone with their ignorant nonsense.

I don't see anything wrong with teaching kids about other cultures or teaching them that others may see things differently. You can do that by simply explaining and discussing the issue. It doesn't require forcing them to pretend to adopt islam or to use PC-approved terms. You know very well they would never ever force a muslim kid to pretend to be Christian, or a black kid to pretend to be in the KKK.

I also wonder how they deal with islam's attitudes on things like homosexuality, womens' rights, religious freedom, etc? Do they deal with it honestly or sweep it under the PC carpet?

#20     Feb 27, 2013