Americans finally learned to become savers?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ST, you are downright hilarious. Productivity rising and inflation falling? Just too funny! I think The Swordsman is right, you are sitting back having a good laugh on ET. It really can be great entertainment!

#21     Oct 21, 2008
  2. not going to happen. americans are living in the must have it now generation.

#22     Oct 21, 2008
  3. Awsome post - i love this.

Yeah, this guy is just having fun - people should just ignore him and he'll go away. He obviously isn't a grown up, and definately has no money in the market.

It's bloody in asia tonight - what do you guys think about tommorows session? DOW is down a hundred but i'm getting that weak feeling again that tommorow may be bloody.

#23     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Did you see that funny US infomercial on how you can buy your dream home for $500.00 to $700.00

#24     Oct 22, 2008
  5. Hey, no I haven't. I am very curious. Could I see it somewhere on the INTERNET? I would really like to see it. :)

#25     Oct 22, 2008
  6. My friends all called me cheap, but I called it frugal. lol

I dole my hard-earned money out very carefully; I think it's an important instinct for surviving the so-called "new retirement" as well as surviving as a full-time trader.

On a side note, my office mate is a fellow in his late 20's and he's actually cheaper than me. (Look at my user name and guess my own age). I was amazed. I was under the impression that kids his age were profligate spenders/consumers. Maybe not.

Anyway, I've been encouraging him to keep saving and keep his powder dry for a housing bottom.

#26     Oct 22, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

maybe the same as the UK
    recession may bring return of traditional values
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/21/w...ain&st=cse&oref=slogin&scp=1&pagewanted=print

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=142154

#27     Oct 22, 2008