Americans blame Obama not Bush for the economy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

I wont argue about Paulsons true objective for it, which was getting Goldman paid on the CDS it owned from AIG. Im not arguing about the morality of it, but regardless it still ended up working well for us.

Even if you dont think systemic collapse would have happened, lets just say 3 major corporations would have went out of business, that alone and the ripple it would have created would have cost a million jobs. Plus probably 20-50 billion a year in lost tax revenue, so by that standard we are still paid off within 2-5 years and a million people keep their jobs.

#11     Aug 21, 2010
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

The entire crisis centered around AIG and Lehman. With all the worthless derivatives still in the system, it will return one day in spades.

#12     Aug 21, 2010
  3. #13     Aug 21, 2010
  4. Wallet

Wallet

#14     Aug 21, 2010
  5. Eight

Eight

dang, the Dems will raise their fav issue [besides homophobia and racism] , "Hate Bush"... it's all they had going into the last elections and they won with it!!

and... what is it about the Democrats and their obsession with men that like do anal things like fisting and "sex"... and have a horribly diseased subculture? What a horrible subset of humanity Democrats are...

I told one queer friend of mine that if nobody ever told me what a homo was I'd never have thought of it on my own!!

#15     Aug 21, 2010
  6. Neither Obama nor Bush are to blame. The collapse of the US economy began in 1999 when Congress passed (overwhelmingly by Democrats and Republicans) the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act that had separated traditional banking/lending activities from risky investment activities. On top of that, both Democrats and Republicans supported lowering credits standards so that more people could buy homes. In September of 1999, an article in the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/business/fannie-mae-eases-credit-to-aid-mortgage-lending.html) predicted the banking collapse that began in 2006. Neither Democrats nor Republicans will tell you this information because then they would have to take responsibility for what they did.

#16     Aug 21, 2010