Americans are obsolete, why Illegal Immigrants are here to stay.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Excellent Idea! More poor and desperate to add to the growing numbers. You are a stooge.

#11     Aug 12, 2010
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Its all about what side of the business you are in. If you have a strawberry farm and annual workers cost $250,000.00 per year. If they kick out your illegal workers, your cost may go up to $500,000.00 and dear lord you may actually have to pay them benefits and health insurance and crazy things like that. With no guarantee the work quality will stay the same, with the "legals"

haha,,, I dont care how you get the strawberry to the store, if it costs 1.50 one week and 2.95 per bag the next week. guess what.

no more strawberries purchased. So the problem is deeper than you think and opinions are based on where your seat is in the stadium.

All i know is that all illegals leave california next month. Apples, tomatos, veggies would probably double in a couple months. So that is not going to happen and like another guy said. Can we even find Americans who want to pick fruit all day for minimum wage, any young people. Hell no, they are all playing xbox or getting high, or both,

put that in your pipe and smoke it,

EF

#12     Aug 12, 2010
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

I don't live in Calif. and fruit inflation is small price to pay. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, douchebag.

#13     Aug 12, 2010
  4. jem

jem

If you believe in markets you realize that when the inputs have the correct prices money gets distributed properly.

So a few less strawberrys get sold. Perhaps they will grow avocados instead. Whose says having higher paid labor, fewer more expensive strawberrys and fewer and slightly more expensive avocados is not a better allocation or resources.

Especially if it gets a person or two off unemployment.

#14     Aug 12, 2010
  5. You described the republican utopia.

At the moment the republican elite dangle carrots for the joe-the-plumber type republican indentured servants so the servants keep on voting for whatever the elite want.

It all started with the crooked Nixon, snow balled with the third rate actor Reagan and the final act was the escaped monkey from the Dallas zoo. The entire party should be banned and it's slaves put into the Fema camps.

#15     Aug 12, 2010
  6. Haha

#16     Aug 12, 2010
  7. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

You remind me of the the trail donkeys they have at the Grand Canyon who have blinders on so they dont fall off a cliff,

Take the blinders off.

So, you not living in Cali and willing to pay more for fruit should change the whole equation. Great logic. If and then.

Not just fruit, construction, landscape, buidling, restaurants,minor labor, streetwork,farming. It would effect the most all major retail business as well.

I don't live in Cali, either, but since its the largest economy in the USA and 7th largest economy in the World if it stood alone. it is something to pay attention to.

To make it clear, I am for much stringent imigration reform, but not at any cost. The "wipe the whole slate clean" crowd, needs to use more ears,and less mouth.

There would be, ( probably never realized) side effects that would give you all new things to complain about once the immigration issue was resolved.

So, clean your bong water, and put that in the pipe and smoke it...

EF

#17     Aug 12, 2010
  8. xtrader0

xtrader0

If I correctly understand your proposal, you want us to protect a certain class of native born citizens, people who were born in the best country on Earth, the land of opportunity. People who are so special that the highest level of accomplishment they have been able to achieve in their life in this great country is to get a job that any illiterate kid from a 3rd world country can do. You want the country to pay higher prices for goods (effectively a tax) as a result of higher salaries to bank a comfy middle class lifestyle for these people who are unwilling to get an education and be competitive like the rest of us. So basically, you want to take other people’s hard earned money to make someone else’s life easier. That’s about as touchy-feely bleeding heart liberal as you get.

I still don’t get why the Republican party is getting wrapped around the axle on this one. Are unionized farm workers a demographic that votes for our candidates?

#18     Aug 12, 2010
  9. American jobs are trading/investing and making money off of the misfortune of others (could throw doctors etc in this group).

-Hell, you could call us children of the FED :D

If you are not in any of those groups then you might as well consider yourself jobless.

As an American I do not care about anything except the American way of life, foreigners be damned...

#19     Aug 12, 2010

10. You make a donkey look super intelligent with your brainless, ignorant response. Don't worry, karma is coming your way :D

#20     Aug 13, 2010