Americans are fleeing

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Nov 17, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

So, you want to give California back to Mexico. Fine go ahead, just don't expect the rest of us to pay for your self created problems.

The solution to the immigration/drug problem is to mine the boarder and the sea between us and Mexico. Illegal immigration would stop cold, drug traffic would stop cold. And the cartels would go elsewhere. What, you don't want to mine the boarder? Then supply enough troops to seal the boarder. Do we have to wait until a terrorist is shown to have crossed the open boarder and blown up a building(s).

As far as pot being harmless. I knew quite a few pot heads when I was younger. Pot makes you "mellow" and listless long after you stop smoking it. It's hard for a pot head to even hold a job. I remember a close friend who eventually couldn't even hold an intelligent conversation until he got off pot for several months. That's hardly harmless and I'm pretty sure there are other problems it causes that are not reported by the liberal studies.

Your sarcasm is appreciated, though.

#11     Nov 17, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You're turning some facts around here though. Doctors out west say that marijuana and black_tar_heroin are good for you and are in fact organic.

If you folks out in flyover country just ate a few more organic foods and smoked some California pot you might be a little less grumpy. Sheesh!

This talk about mining the border. Are you serious? Immigrants would be killed and maimed. Then what? Just leaving them piling up out on the border? What does that say about the USA?

It would be more compassionate to build a high-tech fence with surveillance and montoring. It could have little watering stations for the migrating refugees and maybe food too. They could give directions too. There could be signs discouraging illegal entry. That would probably do the trick because these are people who respect the law and would never knowningly break it.

You've got the pot thing all wrong. Most Metro train operators here smoke pot and there are almost never any accidents (one or two per week, tops). So there is your proof.

:D :D :D

#12     Nov 17, 2010
  3. Roark

Roark

If you ain't Texan, you ain't shit.

#13     Nov 17, 2010
  4. Some native Texans are working quite diligently to accomplish that.

#14     Nov 17, 2010
  5. Roark

Roark

They tried it once. It was called the Civil War. The rebels lost and many of their descendants are still angry about losing.

#15     Nov 17, 2010
  6. Texas sure does hate the Jews.

Tea Party, Republican Activists Circulate Anti-Semitic E-Mails Against Presumptive Texas Speaker

In Texas, a leadership battle is brewing over the election of the next state Speaker of the House. State Rep. Joe Straus (R-TX) appears to have the votes to win, but a coalition of Tea Party and right-wing Republican groups — including the state chapter of Americans for Prosperity, the Austin Tea Party Patriots, the Texas Pastor Council, and Texas Eagle Forum — are staging an effort to elect a more radical right Speaker. This morning, the Dallas Morning News reported that several of the Tea Party activists in the aforementioned coalition have been circulating e-mails with anti-Semitic messages against Strauss, who is Jewish:

– “Straus is going down in Jesus’ name,” said one e-mail, whose origins were unclear.

– Straus “clearly lacks the moral compass to be speaker,” said another, written by Southeast Texas conservative activist Peter Morrison. A Morrison e-mail said that Straus’ rabbi sits on a Planned Parenthood board and then pointed out that Straus’ opponents in the Speaker’s race “are Christians and true conservatives.” Morrison is a contributor to the white supremacy website VDARE.

– The Tea Party-backed groups are now running anti-Straus robo-calls and e-mails demanding a “true Christian speaker,” reports News 8 Austin.

– The Quorum Report, an online newsletter, reported extensively late Monday on e-mails that mentioned Straus’ Judaism, his rabbi and the Christian faith of his House critics, who include Rep. Bryan Hughes, R-Mineola.

– Patrick Brendel reported that David Barton, leader of the group WallBuilders, has helped organize much of the anti-Straus campaign. Barton is a frequent contributor to the Glenn Beck program.

– Kaufman County Tea Party Chairman Ray Myers sent an e-mail last week praising a Straus opponent as “a Christian Conservative who decided not to be pushed around by the Joe Straus thugs.”

#16     Nov 17, 2010
  7. pspr

pspr

You mean the economic war of the U.S.? Where the south had free slave labor and the north didn't and didn't like it?

Anyway, here is the story on the migration to the states with lower taxes and smaller govenment.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...high-tax-states-will-lose-them-108681159.html

#17     Nov 17, 2010
  8. Please convince my company to move there :(

I could afford 3 decent sized houses in TX for what my condo here costs!

Any BTW I voted against Jerry Browne, Barbara Bitcher and amnesty for criminals like they support!

I support this as well:
    http://republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/

JJacksET4

#18     Nov 17, 2010
  9. Texas has a lot going for it sure. Currently best business climate in US. The weather leaves something to be desired. At least that's what Texans living in Colorado tell me. Summertime spent shuffling from air con to air con it was described to me as.

#19     Nov 17, 2010
  10. Nah, no violence. This time they're gonna do it at the ballot box!
    :)

#20     Nov 17, 2010