Americans approve of Obama’s jobs bill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Oct 12, 2011.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

It's a procedural move by him so that he can re-introduce the bill again either in the same form or a different version

#31     Oct 13, 2011
  2. No,This is about Executive vs Legislative power

You're trying to make the argument that Reagan's and Bushs massive deficits are the democrats in Congress fault.Unless 2/3 of Congress override the President the Budget is on The President.Not only does The President propose the budget first he has the final say in the matter.Reagan and Bushs massive deficits and debt are on Reagan and Bush,not Congress

#32     Oct 13, 2011
  3. rc8222

rc8222

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dis Oduma's Stimulus #1 for $850 BILLION in tax payer money improve the economy??? NOPE!!!! It caused unemployment to go from 7.3% to 10.2%. But your supreme leader said if that $850 BILLION piece of crap legislation was passed, the unemployment rate would never go higher than 8%. LOL. The GOP has absolutely nothing to worry about for blocking this. Not a thing!!! Why are Doucheocrats making such an issue out of this??? Because it's all they have to campaign on! LOL. They can't campaign on Obamacare because it's so unpopular, the 1st Stimulus failure for $850 BILLION dollars, the Solyndra scandal, the Fast and Furious (Oduma's Atty. Gen. Eric Holder) scandal...... Oh, the poor Doucheocrats...... LOL Well, since Oduma has lost any chance of attracting Independent voters, he has no choice to campaign on the far left, and try to ignite his libertard base by organizing the wall street protests. Another idiotic tactic that will fail miserably.

#33     Oct 14, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I schooled Ricter on this once, and I don't feel the need to rehash this. But you REALLY need to look up and understand the Birth/Death model and all the horseshit in your numbers (or the numbers in the chart you provided). What it claims, and what reality is, are two entirely different things.

#34     Oct 14, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Guess who said this, in Jan '2009:

" This really does look like a plan that falls well short of what advocates of strong stimulus were hoping for — and it seems as if that was done in order to win Republican votes. Yet even if the plan gets the hoped-for 80 votes in the Senate, which seems doubtful, responsibility for the plan’s perceived failure, if it’s spun that way, will be placed on Democrats.

I see the following scenario: a weak stimulus plan, perhaps even weaker than what we’re talking about now, is crafted to win those extra GOP votes. The plan limits the rise in unemployment, but things are still pretty bad, with the rate peaking at something like 9 percent and coming down only slowly. And then Mitch McConnell says “See, government spending doesn’t work.”

#35     Oct 14, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The "schooling" didn't take because something tells me there's a problem with:

A=B
    C=D
    B and C are related
    Therefore A=D

#36     Oct 14, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

So the ballooning of the deficit and debt since 2009 IS Obama's fault and not congress? Gotcha.

#37     Oct 14, 2011
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Then let's go back to class, shall we?

For your memory refresh:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223227&highlight=birth+death

Scroll down a bit until I begin to point out how wrong your employment numbers are.

For the person in this thread wanting the Utilization stats (in case you are tempted to believe the previously bogus chart on job creation posted by AK47)...

[​IMG]

#38     Oct 14, 2011
  9. That's the only chart I follow. Fuck the "official" employment stats, the labor force participation is where it's at.

I read that the "official" consumer confidence numbers were the lowest since 1980. Trillions thrown at the problem and consumer CONfidence just hits new lows.

#39     Oct 14, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Automation and offshoring could (and probably does) largely explain that chart, so why attack the average Joe's character?

#40     Oct 14, 2011