American values

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Jun 4, 2013.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Take a look, and see if you share the same values:

"9 Principles
    1. America is good.
    2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my life.
    3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
    4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
    5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
    6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
    7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
    8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
    9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

12 Values
    Honesty
    Reverence
    Hope
    Thrift
    Humility
    Charity
    Sincerity
    Moderation
    Hard Work
    Courage
    Personal Responsibility
    Gratitude"

If you agree with most, welcome to the mindset of the Tea Party! These USED to be NORMAL American values and standards...

2. pspr

pspr

Those were the values of our Founding Fathers. The more we get away from their ideals the less great this nation will become.

3. LEAPup

LEAPup

If you'll watch Fox, I just watched a MOVING 5 minute testimony by a Woman in Charge of a Tea Party group in Alabama. I didn't catch her name. She's sitting at the right side, end of table in a green dress. I'm sure Fox will replay her testimony. Youtube should have it if I can get her name.

4. pspr

pspr

It's going to be a long list of people illegally targeted by Obama's IRS. For Obama to claim ignorance on all this stuff is to claim he is grossly incompetent. Either way, he needs to resign as more of this stuff unfolds.

I also hope that this is a catalyst to do a major reform to the tax code and the IRS. And, to put some new checks in Congress on the power of the president. They've given up way too much power to the president in the last 50 years.

5. Eight

Eight

I'm almost a Tea Party'er but they are sometimes pretty stupid. They are fighting Smart Meters from the utility companies! WTF?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

:)

I hadn't heard that. But then no party is or can be all things to all people all the time.

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've not heard of it. Please elaborate.

8. Wallet

Wallet

The fringe fears the personal information gathered? Really?.... I'm more concerned about the high levels of EMF they give off. If you have one on your home, shield it.

9. pspr

pspr

I've read that the transmission from the smart meters makes some people physically ill. I don't know if that's real or not but when they put them in you don't get to choose if you want one or not.

They put them in our city. They just put a notice on the door that sometime in the next month your new meter will be installed. I was here when they did it and it took the guy about 1 minute after he knocked on the door.

I've been feeling sort of queasy ever since. Is there a class action lawyer available? :D