American Military Admits TO WARCRIMES RAPE AND MURDER TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Dang... you did not understand the meaning of preemptive strikes. Before any Iraqi gets ideas from the Saudis blowing up our building and killing civilians here, we have to stop them. So, we just kill a bunch of Iraqis, probably more than SadMan did to make sure that they don't get the audacity to it. It is really pathetic how some of us are trying to justify a war that was initiated based on a bunch of baloney from the neocons :mad:

#41     Jul 7, 2006
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Yes when Sadam was killing his own people it was OK. Because you didn't freaking hear about it. Lefty journalists wouldn't tell you. U.N. bureaucrats wouldn't tell you (too busy fattening their purses collaborating with person openly admiring Adolf Hitler). Where was the freaking rage? Can you tell me???
    So out of principle, I don't really give a fuck about one rape.
    If you care so much what are you going to do about it? Let me guess. NOTHING.

#42     Jul 7, 2006
  3. You mean will I join the insurgency? No, but other people will. For that kind of reason. They will become insurgents that have nothing to do with al-Qaeda's motives but will be put in the same bag by the media you despise so much.

#43     Jul 7, 2006
  4. There are some false assumptions with your own post here. The first being that Iraqis do not want us over there which is the parallel that you draw with the illegal immigrant statement that you made. What has happened over there with the rape/murder of innocent civilians is truly one of the most disgusting things that people in our armed forces could do. I find it appalling. It has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the war or lack thereof depending on how you view it though. I think it is reckless to condemn the entire military for the actions of these rogue soldiers.

What I find interesting is that people are only appalled at this incident from the war and they turn a blind eye to these situations when they occur here. We have judges giving soft sentences to pedophiles because they have a "disease". These marines are in a much more stressful situation than these sickos, and they are condemned by the same people who show sympathy for people doing it here.

I hope that these soldiers are punished properly for their actions so the Iraqis see that the U.S. does not tolerate their own people taking these types of actions. I also hope that people will realize that the armed forces as a whole are fighting over there to try to stop this type of action from occuring. We didn't destroy Uday and Qusay's rape and torture rooms to have that threat continue for the Iraqi people.

#44     Jul 7, 2006
  5. reg

reg

Agree - that's why Steven Green is going to get his day in court. If found guilty, he should and will be punished and rightly so.
    As I have stated in a previous post, intentionally harming civilians is not U.S. military policy and this occurrence should be viewed for what it is - an isolated incident engaged in by a group of rogue soldiers.
    This event regretfully happened, the perpetrators were identified and will be put on trial, and will be punished if found guilty.
    What else do you want the U.S. to do?

#45     Jul 7, 2006
  6. Yes, and how many US civilians were killed by Nazis. If this is the only way to weigh whether a war may be valid, then why were we in Kosovo, Mogadishu, Viet Nam, Germany, Korea, or the first Persian Gulf War? No U.S. civilians being killed in any of these.

#46     Jul 7, 2006
  7. no b/c tradernik, there will be no justice. Thats why I think his post was a waste of time and wasnt thoughtful. history has told us and reality has told us that there will be no justice. As you know, the death penalty will never in a billion years be given to a military servicemen. Not even if he killed 500 people. Look at my lai. The men raped and pillaged. Killed hundreads of people. woman, children, old, young, babies, etc. One man charged. And he served less then 1 year. Every excuse given. They were suffering post tramatic stress disorder. There will be no justice and you know it. This guy will probably get 20 years, and then 5 years later when it cools down. Probation, and he will sell his book and make millions. True or not true.

#47     Jul 7, 2006
  8. The diffrence is between civilians and people who are suppose to uphold the law. Hey Cesko, who should be punished more. A cop who robed a bank or your average joe six pack?

#48     Jul 7, 2006
  9. a percentage of any military is gonna break rules. the percentage will vary though depending on cultures.

i am not surprised if american soliders do some bad shit. and also, no country should act like their soldiers are all perfect and never break rules. they all do..

#49     Jul 7, 2006
  10. yes, but most countries are willing to put away there criminals for at least a year. Look at my lai. Those guys killed hundreads. One man convicted. Served months. And thats it. Do you really think these guys will even serve 10 years in prison. max 5 years, and then probation. And then a book deal, movie deal, and millions. True or not true.

#50     Jul 7, 2006