American middle class faces impossible savings task

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a529612, Mar 22, 2007.

1. After wandering this planet for a while I am convinced that half of Americans are idiots, whiners, "what's in it for me", non-voting, pop culture, "feel good", bandwagon jumpers. That said from an American.

Of course my travels to Europe have convinced me the same for our cross-Atlantic brothers....but to a larger extent.

If I offend anyone...tough shit.

My vent is the "Anti-war" polls. I don't care which side you are on, but not one American is "suffering" during this war unless you are a family member of a solider. You are not rationing, conducting air raid drills, prohibited from certain commodoties etc. There's no draft!!!!! And how can a poll be conducted to people who don't even vote?

Katrina "victims"? God help us all. Greece, Rome, USA.....same happy ending.

I feel better. It's tequila-thirty. Happy Trading!

2. Who cares when you can finance a home with zero money down and a minimum interest payment of 1% on a 6.5% loan! Hell I can even go out to eat every night using my credit cards! I ONLY have to do the minimum payments!

Life is grand an’t it!!!! LOL

3. Couldn't have said it better myself

4. The only Americans suffering are our children and unborn grandchildren who's future is being mortgaged to pay for a war based on lies

5. [

My vent is the "Anti-war" polls. I don't care which side you are on, but not one American is "suffering" during this war unless you are a family member of a solider. You are not rationing, conducting air raid drills, prohibited from certain commodities etc. There's no draft!!!!! And how can a poll be conducted to people who don't even vote?

Katrina "victims"? God help us all. Greece, Rome, USA.....same happy ending.

I feel better. It's tequila-thirty. Happy Trading! [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe suffering is a strong word but the war is affecting US in many ways: let me count them:

1. Higher gasoline, electricity, heating prices
    2. The cost of war = less $$$ for things inside America.
    3. Patriot Act = taking freedoms in the name of preserving it
    4. Bush being re-elected for the second time - many voted because "you do not change the diver in the middle of the race".
    5. lack of focus on things that are important - poverty, education, infrastructure, health care, jobs running away, deficit spending, trade imbalance.
    6. Increase of propaganda and spreading the mentality of as v.them. This is how the genocide in rwanda started, namely radio hosts spilling hate. We all know how that episode ended.

So while I sincerely feel for te Iraqis, I am aware that this war is making the US more unstable and its long term effects are like a cancer. You may not see it so clearly at first but the ending is deadly.

6. infooo

infooo

there is so much truth on this thread

makes me weep

aaaaaaa smrtz aaaaaa uuuu aaaaaaaaa

7. Do you know that to be true? No, you don't. You're merely speculating on what you think future outcomes will be.

Most American's think like you.

However it's just as possible that by stirring the hornets nest before half the MidEast is nuclear that we'll establish a stable democracy in the center of a hostile region.

Of course we can always stick our heads in the desert sand. Maybe radical Islam won't find us.

The federal government shouldn't exist for education or healthcare or to build freakin' libraries. Rather their existence should be to maintain a currency and a national defense. I for one consider this money better spent in Iraq then I do in some "Head Start" program.

At the end of the day the war in Iraq is MUCH MORE important to America than either World War was.

8. Maybe suffering is a strong word but the war is affecting US in many ways: let me count them:

1. Higher gasoline, electricity, heating prices
    2. The cost of war = less $$$ for things inside America.
    3. Patriot Act = taking freedoms in the name of preserving it
    4. Bush being re-elected for the second time - many voted because "you do not change the diver in the middle of the race".
    5. lack of focus on things that are important - poverty, education, infrastructure, health care, jobs running away, deficit spending, trade imbalance.
    6. Increase of propaganda and spreading the mentality of as v.them. This is how the genocide in rwanda started, namely radio hosts spilling hate. We all know how that episode ended.

So while I sincerely feel for te Iraqis, I am aware that this war is making the US more unstable and its long term effects are like a cancer. You may not see it so clearly at first but the ending is deadly. [/B][/QUOTE]

The higher fuel costs are the result of increased consumption by China and India. There might have been a "terror" premium built in, but that has pretty much run it's course.

The majority of the money spent on the war is being transferred to American companies......more guns, and more butter in this case!

The voters made a choice of who they wanted to run the country. I think it was a lesser of two evils choice! While Bush may be the worst public speaker I have ever seen, it literally pains me to watch him give a speech, Kerry ain't no brain trust either, and he has shown on more then one occasion, he isn't any quicker on his feet.

One thing is for certain, we, as a country are doing fine. We have faced some monumental challenges, a massive attack on our soil, a multi front war, and the near decimation of our gulf coast, and yet we are still going strong. I think that 100 years from now, Bush will get the kudos he deserves for tackling the challenges he faced.

The genocide occurred because the pansy's that run the UN are impotent and chose to do nothing. The UN is an impotent organization, but sure makes some of you who feel we need to talk about our differences, that things are getting done. I say, Less Talk More ACTION....that's the way we do it in the US!

9. absolutey - most americans do not take retirement savings seriously - and most do not have anywhere near the skills required to properly do it.

ask around.

if you are not aware of this you are not talking to a broad enough strata of the social classes.

#10     Mar 22, 2007