American looking to move to remote Canadian wilderness

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by fatrat, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Bride of Nanook of the North...

#81     Oct 23, 2007
  2. Cesko

Cesko

You might not pay cap gains taxes but doesn't it cost $50,000 (at least, maybe more today) a year to buy (and keep) Swiss citizenship?? Basically you need to be loaded to make it worthwhile. I don't think Swiss give citizenship to just about anybody. This is an old information though I might be wrong.

#82     Oct 23, 2007
  3. I guess it's a good thing I work for a Swiss CPG giant that has it's HQ in Vevey! :)

#83     Oct 23, 2007
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Lower crime, higher life expectancy, less materialism, not having to worry about personal bankruptcy in the event of sickness etc.

#84     Oct 23, 2007
  5. why not just stay in the US and move into a more comfortable city? I'd love to live in San Diego, nice weather and not too much pollution. Allot more affordable than NYC/SF/OC if I recall correctly

#85     Oct 23, 2007
  6. fatrat

fatrat

If the dollar collapses, the US will be in deep $hi7.

I can see them taking it to worthlessness, and no one in the government even talks about it, other than Ron Paul. While I will be voting for him, I don't think the other Americans have even considered that their currency is in peril.

#86     Oct 23, 2007
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Listen, you need to up the anti-depressants man. You are making several arguments that have nothing to do with each other.

On the one hand you are lecturing us about the collapse of the dollar, on the other you talk about living off the land and getting out of the city. What is it that you want man? Did you just blow out your trading account and now you are losing your mind?

Admit it man, this has nothing to do with dollar or the woods, it has to do with a little Sean Penn movie you saw last weekend. Just admit it man.

#87     Oct 24, 2007
  8. If the dollar collapse so will canada, half of all canadian trade depends on US buyers.

#88     Oct 24, 2007
  9. yack

yack

the woods of canada have no women and very few will follow you there try belguim or germany plenty of beer, girls and euro security.

#89     Oct 24, 2007
  10. Then hedge, buy some gold, land, whatever. That is a simple problem to fix

#90     Oct 24, 2007