american ignorance on how our tax system works

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 21, 2012.

1. then you have a very profitable business. if you have a one employee business and he is making making 100k and you claim you are paying near 100k in taxes that means that one employee is netting you after expenses north of 300k in income if we use a 33% rate.
    you should hire more people.

#41     Nov 21, 2012
  2. None of the businesses I mentioned is a one-employee business. They range from 4-26 employees.

#42     Nov 21, 2012
  3. doesnt matter what you feel. is someone who makes more than what 99% of the rest of the world rich?
    how about if we use .99%

#43     Nov 21, 2012
  4. still you said you are paying taxes close to payroll. doesnt matter how many employees you use in the equation.

#44     Nov 21, 2012
  5. I didn't say we were "paying taxes close to payroll."

I said, "The only business expense higher than taxes is payroll."

In other words, if I rank the expenses of the businesses by category it looks something like this:

1) Payroll
    2) Taxes
    3) Rent
    etc.
    etc.

In my trading business, taxes are higher than payroll.

#45     Nov 21, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I thought you were leaving ET? What with your work being done and all.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252949

#46     Nov 21, 2012
  7. She's an idiot. And she's out there with her moronic husband practicing quackery on people. Pretty soon she'll be posting here, calling you and me idiots and having phone sex with some of the
    troglodytes populating this forum.

#47     Nov 21, 2012
  8. we finally found some common ground. the evidence indicates chiropractic is quackery.

http://www.chirowatch.com/

#48     Nov 21, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You both ARE idiots. Duh!

#49     Nov 21, 2012
  10. +1 So damn simple to understand. And, yes, the ignorance of the public regarding taxes is amazing. So many, perhaps 60% or more, actually have Too Much withholding from their jobs. How stupid is that. Oh, I get a refund in April. Well, take the damn money and put it to work, letting the gov't hold it for Nothing is stupid.

#50     Nov 21, 2012