american ignorance on how our tax system works

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 21, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

You cut me down, now blow me back up.
    Every citizen should pay something.

#21     Nov 21, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ $16.2 Trillion...and counting...

#22     Nov 21, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Most of those demanding the services aren't the one paying for them

Except of course for the ones who pay no income tax.

#23     Nov 21, 2012
  4. everyone pays the same rate on a given income. even the person who earns a million recieves the same treatment on the first 30k as the person who makes 30k. that is how a marginal tax system works.

#24     Nov 21, 2012
  5. and everyone does.

#25     Nov 21, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I don't mean the gasoline tax.
    I want a consumption tax that everybody pays.
    (I know, I know, me and you have discussed this before, but there's always new eyes lurking.)

#26     Nov 21, 2012
  7. And the system is unfair. Specifically it's rigged against successful small businesses. They are who has to pay the 35% tax rate. Hence why I think it's time we have serious tax reform where we lower the rates and close loopholes. You say we can't close loopholes, we should raise the rates, and further tax successful small businesses at an absurd rate. You're basically reiterating the Democratic Party talking points. Free think much?

#27     Nov 21, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Although I don't agree with all aspects of the plan, we need something similar to this: www.fairtax.org

#28     Nov 21, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Gilroy, let me get this straight.
    You don't think it's right for a successful person to have his money taken by the confiscation cartel (aka the IRS) to give to some lazy asses who won't work and some welfare queens who just wanna have sex and babies?

#29     Nov 21, 2012
  10. speaking of thinking. have you ever thought about all the bennies in the tax code for small business? most pay next to nothing.
    if they do pay its based on profits. if you declare 250k,the point at which obama wants to increase a couple of percent,in income after all the deductions available to small business you have made a lot of money.

#30     Nov 21, 2012