American hubris

Discussion in 'Politics' started by moo, Aug 10, 2007.

1. bighog

bighog Guest

Truth be known..............most people in the world outside the USa says "America sucks". In general i agree, we are the most brainwashed idiots on the planet...

To those that do not like this statement............TOUGH :D

Hog OUT!!!!

#11     Aug 12, 2007
  2. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

idiots. explain what "the USA sucks" means, exactly.

AFter six years of the Democrats screaming that we are the world's worst terrorists, it's not surprising this is the net result. I truly despise much of the left.

let me guess, you'll be voting for Hillary next fall? i suggest you leave your keyboards, get back into the fetal position and suck your thumbs. what a bunch of dickweeds and traitors. I'm ashamed to call you my fellow citizens, total embarrassments.

#12     Aug 12, 2007
  3. Now is probably not the time to sell America. This is probably close to the bottom of the move. When the douche bag Bush was at 80% was the time to sell.

#13     Aug 12, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

Are you fucking aware that Russia "that said it" DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE??????
    How fucking stupid these posts here can get. It's so sad that you are actually damned American. YOU with your intellectual capacity and other Americans like you are the true threat to this country.
    You and your kind deserve to be shipped off to the winning side (whatever you fucking mean, I don't think you know).Go to Russia and try to survive. Go taste the fucking Russian world. Go and see how long you can last. Live like Russians you will see how fast your spoiled decadent American ass will be back in the States.
    Why do I come to this site? So I can read this garbage?? How stupid of me!!!!:confused:

#14     Aug 13, 2007
  5. Cesko

Cesko

idiots. explain what "the USA sucks" means, exactly.
    They know shit what they mean, assholes!

#15     Aug 13, 2007
  6. Wow, you'd think that after bringing us 8 years of George W. Bush, you guys would have found a little humility. Maybe a change of heart is too much to ask, that's fine, I can live with it. But just back off a bit on the hyperbolic rhetoric, please. Whatever you despise us for, it can't be worse than what you did with your ballot.

Martin

#16     Aug 13, 2007
  7. I think it kind of sucks that we Americans fight over who is responsible for this World opinion. I think that showing the world our lack of proper intelligence vs. a planned invasion, planned by a handful of DC power brokers. Listening to the Generals, yeah, maybe a hand picked one, certainly not the last dozen or so.

Let the police take care of any person or group that harms people, not destroy another country, not a wise move. We have shown the rest of the world that we now have no reserves left, and we are burning up all our money in the middle of a 5000 year old civil war. Why would the terrorists bother blowing up more buildings when we are doing a pretty good job of destroying our own country.

Why would terrorists come here when we send out brave young people to the terrorist hotbed that we helped create and recruit for.

Republican or Democrat, or hopefully a free thinking independent, we screwed this whole Iraq thing up so badly there is no way of winning, even if we could define what winning really means.

It's the war, it's the war, we are good people who got sucked into this nightmare by a few people with a twisted plan.

c

#17     Aug 13, 2007
  8. moo

moo

At least there are some officials worried about the current situation...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/80fa0a2c-49ef-11dc-9ffe-0000779fd2ac.html

The US government is on a ‘burning platform’ of unsustainable policies and practices with fiscal deficits, chronic healthcare underfunding, immigration and overseas military commitments threatening a crisis if action is not taken soon, the country’s top government inspector has warned.

David Walker, comptroller general of the US, issued the unusually downbeat assessment of his country’s future in a report that lays out what he called “chilling long-term simulations”.

These include “dramatic” tax rises, slashed government services and the large-scale dumping by foreign governments of holdings of US debt.

Drawing parallels with the end of the Roman empire, Mr Walker warned there were “striking similarities” between America’s current situation and the factors that brought down Rome, including “declining moral values and political civility at home, an over-confident and over-extended military in foreign lands and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government”.

#18     Aug 14, 2007