American History and the George W. Bush Legacy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, May 22, 2007.

1. .

May 21, 2007

SouthAmerica: The Financial Times of London reported on Monday May 21, 2007 that - The White House on Sunday took the unusual step of hitting back at a former president, Jimmy Carter, who on Saturday described George W. Bush as having run the "worst administration in history"

"I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history," Mr Carter said.

…Mr Carter, who is promoting a new book, Sunday Morning In Plains, a collection of Bible lessons from his hometown in Georgia, also had harsh words for Tony Blair, Britain's departing prime minister, who made a farewell visit to Washington last week, in a separate interview with the BBC.

"I think that the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world," he said. He called Mr Blair's relationship with Mr Bush "abominable, loyal, subservient and blind".

The White House response to president Carter’s criticism was short – they claimed that Mr. Carter opinions are irrelevant.

Let’s take a close look to see who is really irrelevant today.

Mr. Carter received a Nobel Peace Prize in 2002. The prize was not given to Mr. Carter for his irrelevancy.

Let’s see the accomplishments of George W. Bush since January 2001:

1) The terrorist attack of 9/11 happened during the Bush administration watch.

2) George W. Bush decided that the United Nations was an irrelevant and obsolete organization

3) The IMF and the World Bank have become an irrelevant organizations with the help of the Bush administration.

4) The Bush administration managed to lose all its influence in the Organization of American States. Today the US influence is close to ZERO.

5) The Bush administration managed to start the worst mess in the Middle East in recorded history.

6) The Bush administration has lost all the United States prestige and clout around the world.

7) The Bush administration is destroying the US Army in the Middle East and in Afghanistan.

8) The Bush administration has been saying for 6 years that they would go anywhere in the world to capture Osama Bin Ladden – And they started a war in Afghanistan and got rid off the Taliban to go after Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Ladden – In the meantime Osama Bin Ladden is laughing of the American efforts to capture him after all this time – and the ironic thing is that everybody knows where Osama bin Ladden is staying - the only problem is that the Bush administration doesn’t have the guts to go inside Pakistan to capture him.

9) The Bush administration in a time when the world it seems to me it is going to hell in a hand basket – the United States has one of the most incompetent Secretary of State in US history. It is beyond my comprehension why Condi Rice still playing US secretary of state.

The entire Middle East is spinning out of control and George Bush Senior should call his son and tell him enough is enough and give him hell for his performance and he should tell him to get a real US secretary of state. Maybe his father can recommend someone from his old circle of friends.

The way George W. Bush has been running his administration since January 2001 – I am sure that American historians are going to be very kind to him in the future when they analyze his administration. In a nutshell: he will be remembered in US history as “George - The Brain Dead.”

2. .

May 22, 2007

SouthAmerica: Carter should reply to the White House:

Today in the United States the word irrelevant has acquired a new meaning: CONDI RICE