American Greed (NYMEX Trader)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maverick74, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Did you guys catch the latest episode of American Greed? It was a NYMEX trader that blew out his account and resorted to robbing banks to get back his trading stake.

The guy actually went on google and typed in "how to rob a bank" to learn how to rob banks. Then the guy ends up successfully robbing 10 banks inside of a year all over Long Island. I couldn't believe how easy it was to rob a bank. I won't spoil it for ya how he got caught. Man that was entertaining.

2. Jmast1212

Jmast1212

I caught this episode. It was pretty good

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

4. I watched that one. I liked it too.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Is it really that easy to rob a bank? I mean this guy never would have gotten caught had he not had the prior. He followed the "how to" guide perfectly off the web. That is too funny.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I assume tellers are told to comply with bankrobbers, so nobody gets hurt. It is cheaper for the bank to lose 30-40K, then having a shootout and pay millions for the dead costumers' relatives.
    They could be also insured against robbery....

I heard a convenient store robbery where the clerk put up a fight and was fired because of it, because he was endangering others and not following company policy to comply with the robbers....

7. I'm surprised his name wasn't "Dick" and hers "Jane".

But really, he could have robbed people legally if he could have gotten a financial job at JPM or Goldman...