American friends, are you seriously proposing to vote for a man capable of believing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 22, 2012.

1. That's a fair statement. But, just as our nation declared war on the KKK, the Muslim world needs to root out Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. The true Muslims of the world are not yet ready to fight the civil war that must be fought.

#21     Oct 23, 2012

2. phft such naivete !

#22     Oct 23, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

and the muslims would gleefully kill you for your sexual preference... wow, I simply cannot fathom a gay man apologizing for muslims

moral equivalence or US soldiers and Al Qaida? As Phoenix said, when will you be leaving to live in those low crime rate countries? have you any clue that rape in muslim countries is just another tuesday night? Egypt's low murder rate is because killing you would be legal... if you want to morally equate muslims to us, then you should have no problem embracing a mormon

#23     Oct 23, 2012
  4. Mav88

Mav88

"true" muslims? they hate the west and quiety cheer on the terrorsist, and just who are you to declare who the true ones are?

#24     Oct 23, 2012
  5. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

How can you vote for a guy whose mentor was Frank Marshall Davis?

#25     Oct 23, 2012
  6. Epic

Epic

In all your wisdom futurecurrents, you do realize that crime rates are based on established laws and convictions, right? I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that you might not be comparing apples to apples. here are a few questions for you.

1) Assume the law allows you to beat your wife or children for misbehavior, which US law specifically prohibits. Which country is expected to report a higher incidence of domestic violence?

2) If the punishment for significant theft in one country is a year in jail with parole likely within 6 months, while in another country it is public humiliation and possible amputation of your right arm, which country is expected to report a higher incidence of theft?

Yes I do realize that there are limits to beating your children in Sharia Law, and it does not allow unlimited flogging of the child. Not even close as a matter of fact. But the point of the first question is that the more lenient the law is, the lower the reported incidence of crime.

I also realize that cutting an arm off is not the go-to punishment for theft, especially petty theft. But the point is that the more severe the punishment, the lower the incidence of crime.

Then there is the consideration of how often crime is reported and how often it is prosecuted. In the end, you lose all credibility when you suggest that Egypt is a better place to live right now than America.

#26     Oct 23, 2012
  7. Well then, I guess I lose no credibility because I never said that Egypt was the better place to live.

#27     Oct 23, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You never had any credibility.

#28     Oct 23, 2012