American flag T-shirts incendiary in CA school

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, May 6, 2010.

1. "The area I live in, displaying the Flag isn't done flippantly, it's done with pride most always."

Properly displaying the flag is one thing.

Wearing it printed on a T-Shirt, where you spill food, sweat, throw it in with other dirty clothes, etc. is quite a different story.

Look, it isn't hard to find a hooker wearing a cross around her neck while she is servicing one of her Johns, and I am not saying she doesn't have the right to do that...but come on, that is really showing respect for Jesus?

#21     May 6, 2010
  2. Mnphats

Mnphats

Canada's right though.

#22     May 6, 2010
  3. I shall refrain from what would be my typical rage rant. Words aren't, and won't be enough to deal with this problem. When will enough be enough? It's a damn shame what's happening to this country. :mad:

#23     May 6, 2010
  4. Continue to believe whatever you like without fact to support it. That's the ET way...

#24     May 6, 2010
  5. Not for me to question?

Why is that not for me to question?

#25     May 6, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Anyone who has raised boys knows that there are always three sides to every story. Five boys, eating lunch together, and they all just happen to have American flags on that day. Pffft. You can bet the bank some comments were made in that cafeteria.

#26     May 6, 2010
  7. Perhaps. But we're talking about t-shirts and that was the reason the students were sent home. Not for racial slurs.

#27     May 6, 2010
  8. Agreed. But we dont know about any suppossed comments.

#28     May 6, 2010
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

It's a t shirt.

You think you can tell why or why not these kids wore a tshirt?

#29     May 6, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I don't know which group started the comments, could just as well have been the hispanic kids, but using the t-shirts as a reason was probably just a quick way for the administration to split the kids up.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not against the American flag, not at all. Though, I am old school and personally don't believe it should be worn on clothing. Cheapens it. But that's another thread.

#30     May 6, 2010