American etfs still unavailable to Europeans inc. SPY

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by zdreg, Aug 28, 2019.

1. If out of topic, different thread perhaps? I don't see how it relates at all to anything so far brought up in this thread.

#11     Aug 30, 2019
  2. Nobert

Nobert

It's the blog owner which zdreq quoted. I like check the choices/decisions of a person, before i take someones word for serious.

The blog owner sounds legit this time, but positioning like that, with 3 pieces in ETF that daily average vol is 8 units, - i wouldn't read such blog in the future.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    #12     Aug 30, 2019
  3. To trade US ETF as EU citizens.
    1. Go directly with DriveWealth.com you can buy shares and ETF (fractional shares) or
    2. Revolut bank they offer trading in the moment for metal customer only US shares no ETF at the moment.They use DriveWealth.
    3.ninetynine.com-spanish broker they should start offering zero commissions trading to the end of the year i hope. they will offer EU stocks, US stocks and ETF and US preferred stocks. No fractional shares

#13     Aug 30, 2019
  4. TWI

TWI

One day last year I was suddenly cut out of US ETF's on IB. I could only place closing orders. My first option was to use IB's own CFD's which replicated the ETF bid/ask but of course there is the finance charge and credit risk there. So the other option due to the volume of trade and account size was to simply register as self declared professional investor. That worked fine, was a couple of forms and since then everything is available. Tradestation is another broker I use and that has created no issue at any point.

#14     Sep 17, 2019
  5. Can you confirm that this did not mean you had to pay professional data fees (assuming you did not pay professional data fees before)?

#15     Sep 17, 2019
  6. TWI

TWI

I kept the non pro fee structure. IB understood exactly what the issue was so created the work around but the requirements are more than certain volume in past few months and greater than a threshold account size. Do not remember exactly what those levels were

#16     Sep 17, 2019
    murray t turtle and Maverick2608 like this.