American Dollar and Joe Six Pack

Discussion in 'Economics' started by arbprofit2, Sep 21, 2007.

1. sim03

sim03

The reverse "Lake Wobegon effect"? Right, let's switch from a pretty specific, economics OP question to way more fun, wholesale USA bashing. For a self-described "teacher/student," let's hope your own reading/comprehension skills have evolved past the 6th grade.

The median IQ of all Americans is, in fact, very close to 100. Therefore, half of all Americans have an IQ below 100, not "most." Got it, Einstein?

#11     Sep 21, 2007
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Hee hee, I noticed that too... no genius there, probably no facts much either... when your critics are stupid, all you know from them is that you have their attention...

#12     Sep 21, 2007
  3. Um little affect at all
    Joe six pack isnt as important anymore with global growth and globalizaton.

#13     Sep 21, 2007
  4. taodr

taodr

How many are in the white house ????

#14     Sep 21, 2007
  5. I was at Sbux today discussing the US economic situation and had this over-leveraged (no series 7, no L&H Variable Annuities Licenses) 'financial advisor' from Wachovia interupt me and say, "Our economy is already getting better, look at all the earnings reports today."

So, I said, "well, the reason the numbers are the way they are is because of inflation."

So he's like "You're wrong, you don't know what you're talking about.I'm a financial advisor for Wachovia."

So I ask him why he thinks the economy is better and you will juts love his answer. "Because the federal government lowered interest rates."

So, yeah I basically choked on my iced coffee and left.

#15     Sep 21, 2007
  6. I would say not very aware. I suspect the majority of people that would be aware might be those who have a business near Canada or Mexico, or those who interact with tourists. Maybe purchasing agents for various corps or govt agencies that may use overseas vendors.

"Do they have any idea of how this could impact their future?"

Imo, no. Peoples priorities are closer to what personally and directly affects them, ie ring tones, getting lost in a remodeled Wall Mart, that sort of thing.

#16     Sep 21, 2007
  7. True, but the same is true for most anyone everywhere.

And you know why the GBP is lagging the EUR??? The british have quite a few more inbreds.

hehehhe...
    :)

#17     Sep 21, 2007
  8. That's hilarious.

#18     Sep 21, 2007
  9. That is ... all these starbucks loving yuppies having economics pissing contests.

Its amazing.

Strikes of brilliance.

#19     Sep 21, 2007
  10. 1/4 of congress believe the dollar is backed by gold standard.

#20     Sep 21, 2007