American debt

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Drawdown Addict, May 4, 2024.

1. Nice catch. That edit is in the MIDDLE of his supposed response to a question. He must have said something absolutely stupid or locked up.

#21     May 6, 2024
  2. upup_EA

upup_EA

Never like to pay attention to these news policies, adhere to their own trading philosophy, with "0.01 hands "can basically achieve stable profits, the policy impact is difficult to estimate.

3. piezoe

piezoe

If you want to know why we sell bonds, which creates only "Ersatz" debt, not real debt, read my posts in the economics forum. [post# 29 in the Economics forum thread "Ending the Deficit" started by Zdreg, May12, 2024]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024 at 4:05 PM
    Drawdown Addict likes this.
  4. piezoe

piezoe

see: post# 29 in the Economics forum thread "Ending the Deficit" started by Zdreg, May12, 2024. This will explain why we sell bonds.

5. piezoe

piezoe

Yup. As you know, the question of why we bother to sell bonds has been answered. [post# 29 in the Economics forum thread "Ending the Deficit" started by Zdreg, May12, 2024]

6. You can click on share, on the post itself, and copy the link here.
    I guess many people will be interested in reading it.

7. piezoe

piezoe

8. %%
    Good points ,better than a clown show circus.
    No disrespect intended to the elephants.
    Wow,1% chance happened;
    Asian mom elephant gave birth to twins :caution::caution:JUNE 11,2024 Thailand.

9. piezoe

piezoe

We do in fact cover 100% of all deficits with printing. Then later we issue Treasuries in amounts equaling the deficit. This gives the appearance of borrowing. The U.S. in its present reincarnation does not actually borrow so much as a penny. It's impossible for any country to borrow the money they print -- but it is not impossible to make it look like they are borrowing! In actuality, the USA issues ersatz debt; not real debt. We do this for several sound reasons.

10. This is a ridiculous assertion

As an actual t-bill holder I will confirm that
    1. They took my money
    2. They paid me interest
    3. They returned my principal
    That is what borrowing money is.