American Christianity Is At The Heart Of Our Worst Problems

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by walter4, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Not to worry. The right wing kooks from Jebus Land are eating their own and they have been for years. That's exactly why the Republicans best offer against Barry was McCain.

The other nominees were deemed "not of our standard." So they picked Johnny Mac. LOL! idiots.

#11     Sep 21, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

Well, I've been in a number of churches and they never mentioned you either, funny that.... I've had decades to study this shit, they aren't going to tell all the donating pew warmers what their agenda is now are they?

Obviously don't know the first thing... LOL... are you in other threads promoting the idea that people that don't like Obama's policies are racists by any chance?

#12     Sep 21, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

Exactly... I had some fun on these forums... I read in the end of the book of James that Christians are supposed to get together regularly and confess to each other and pray and then they will be healed... It took me decades to find any that did that, and guess what? They were getting over all kinds of stuff!!! None of these "Christian" churches do that, in fact, if you press them on the issue the charismatic protestants will get downright hostile with you.. been there, done that. practically bought the Tee shirt... so I bet a poster that I could get kicked off a theology website for suggesting they do something clearly outlined in the New Testament... it took me 4 days, not a single obnoxious post or anything, just a few postings... whoops, all posts removed, user name blocked, without so much as an explanation... so you either are obedient and stand for Jesus or you fall for everything else like all these "Elite Religious Organizations" LOL....

#13     Sep 21, 2009
  4. jem

jem

I found not reference to a 2008 study when I typed in your guys name.

He also found men to be 5 points more intelligent than women.

You conclusions would seem to be a bit off.

I would like to see the study so we could do an analysis of it.

Where were the Catholics in this study? Where was the poll taken? In a barrio or at a New England prep school.

#14     Sep 21, 2009
  5. jem

jem

Wrong.

I think Obama sucks as a leader, has been purchased by the bankers, and abused by Pelosi, Reid, the russians and most europeans.

Finally, we have no evidence of whether he is a natural born citizen or not. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

#15     Sep 21, 2009
  6. This is true. There are so many so called Christians out there that have never even read 10% of their bible. They go to church for the singing and music and the sermon that does not tell you that people go to hell or what you have to do to be saved from Hell. You have people like Joel Osteen who preach how to be a better you and how to make your life better. You will probably never hear Osteen say the word sinner or hell. To me, he is just a prosperity preacher. Nothing more than the same thing you would get if you went to a seminar on making money. He inspires people, but church is not supposed to be there to inspire you. Its there to teach you. If you want to be inspired, go see tony robbins.

#16     Sep 21, 2009
  7. jem

jem

what kind of answer is that? Do you care to support the accusation you made with a few links?

The pope is going to take over?
    Seriously, try reading what the church says.

By the way I do not agree with everything the church writes - but you will see they support almost all their beliefs with passages right out of the bible.

#17     Sep 21, 2009