American Beauty

Discussion in 'Trading' started by THE-BEAKER, Apr 4, 2007.

1. im sitting here this morning asking myself the question that maybe we all ask ourselves at least once or twice.
    the last few months its been more and more on my mind.
    i have been in the markets 20 years and 15 years have been trading. traditional and screen based.

for the first time in a long while i have come to the conclusion there is no fun in this anymore.
    im still earning money but i genuinely hate it.
    especially since its gone screen based.
    its such a faceless set up with no noise and character.

so here is the choice i have.

(1) carry on trading and being pissed off all the time - £75k to 100k p.a. maybe more if i get lucky

(2) do what i want to do and be happy - £25 p.a. maybe slighty more.

2. aladinaus

aladinaus Guest

be happy mate. Chasing the happiest is the most beautiful thing to do in life. Life is short, live/enjoy it to the max :)

3. What is it that you want to do instead?

4. I faced this same choice when the Turtle program ended.

Over the four years of the program I personally took in an average of over $2 million per year. That's almost $4 million a year in today's earning power.

I was bored stiff with trading however. I decided it was time to do something else. Time to learn something else.

I have never regretted that decision.

- Curtis

5. possible move overseas, beach business , sunshine , more bang for my buck , etc etc

or down size locally to a smaller house sourcing collectables ,small ebay business etc.

not 100 percent sure.

can get a decent price on the house and call it a day