America vs. a 16 year old teenager

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Yeah...

[​IMG]

-Prof.

#21     Aug 30, 2008
  2. dbuff

dbuff

What we lack in "experience" we made up for it in the effeciency of how we perform. and regardless of how young we are, advances economically worldwide havent really been made til about 400 years ago(transfering of wealth from the elite to poorer people) which really helped establish a real market system, especially one that encourages the enterprunerial(I know I spelled that wrong. :confused:) spirit. and where better for an enterpreneur too come than to a new developing country with plenty of opportunity of profit. Profit and prosperity have been in our country since its birth, and it still is.

and while I agree we are slightly arrogant...I think most of the people in the U.S, other than the ones you see on the tv going from one extreme to the next, actually CARE about other people no matter where they are from. We help more people and countrys than anyone else, what are we doing wrong? We cant help everyone...and sometimes we think we can but no matter what we do sometimes you cant change things(Iraq). I think the U.S harbors some of the most compassionate people...WE are #1 anyways..I think we have a right to brag alittle.

#22     Aug 30, 2008
  3. Wow is all I can say...

So here we have, "oh we could invade you and take your minerals and stuff..."

Well dude do some history... War of 1812 ring any bells? Remember it was Canada that burned down the Whitehouse!

But raising that point makes me think this is why there is a serious chasm between the world and America.

Some, not all American's think that they can dictate things through the might of the military... Well here is my comment, go ahead try it! I mean Iran is making a mockery of that argument! Do you really think Russia is scared?

I am not Anti-America, far from it. What I am is anti-imperialist! There is a BIG difference. The founding fathers were not imperialists! The current batch of folks in this current administration are not the founding fathers, nor George Washington. If you go back in history and read Washington's farewell speech you will see America today is not America before.

http://www.fff.org/freedom/1001f.asp

Our detached and distant situation invites and enables us to pursue a different course. If we remain one people, under an efficient government, the period is not far off when we may defy material injury from external annoyance; when we may take such an attitude as will cause the neutrality we may at any time resolve upon to be scrupulously respected; when belligerent nations, under the impossibility of making acquisitions upon us, will not lightly hazard the giving us provocation; when we may choose peace or war, as our interest guided by our justice shall counsel.

Why forego the advantages of so peculiar a situation? Why quit our own to stand upon foreign ground? Why, by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humor, or caprice?

Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest. But even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand, neither seeking nor granting exclusive favors or preferences;

The last paragraph should make ALL Americans think...

Nobody less than George Washington himself said that America should hold out an equal and impartial hand and should interact with countries in a harmonious and liberal manner!

What HAPPENED AMERICA!

#23     Aug 30, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

You couldn't take jack shit from me bozo !

I could bitch slap you silly and anytime you want to see me do it, I will buy you the ticket.

Only an IGNORANT hillbilly would consider this an American bashing thread.

This thread is designed to give you hope.

America is still growing and that explains all the nonsense politically and economically that it is going through.

So CHILL out and laugh at yourselves.

#24     Aug 30, 2008
  5. Joab

Joab

Another interesting FACT.

Ancestral Canadians are only Americans that were forced north out of America because they were loyal to the queen.

The war of 1812 was not really between Canadians (because there were hardly any at that time) and Americans. It was between American and English armies.

There really is no difference between our 2 countries at all, considering that 98% of the current populations were not even from the original settling families.

We are both just colonies of England and the difference is you took yours by war and blood shed and we asked for ours nicely.

#25     Aug 30, 2008
  6. Êtes-vous sûr? Ille's ya beaucoup des person a Canada qui a un autre idee d'ca...

Ok yes it was between American and English Armies. Though the concept of Canada, and Canadians did exist namely through Upper and Lower Canada, albeit they were colonies of England.

Vous êtes fou! There was lower Canada and the inhabitants were not from England. My wife's family came from Quebec and they had been there since 350 years ago...

#26     Aug 30, 2008
  7. Wow, you seem pretty tough behind that computer screen. :eek: You are going to bitch slap me? You are a fag, aren't you. Only a total pussy would say something like that. Something tells me you are french Canadian.:D

#27     Aug 30, 2008
  8. American should learn its history more carefully; Canada was and is acting as an agent for British's common law systems; and successfully infiltrated British's court of law throughout American, Corporations once again rule.

Learn your history. :D Canada and Brithish won; American lost.

#28     Aug 30, 2008
  9. Unfortunetly for the ones that aren't self absorded there are a bunch to "touch guy" cops out there.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=73679

I guess its easier to "take down" a 15 year oil with chalk then go after the real criminals.

All the fucking crime in major cities and this is what they spend there time on.

#29     Aug 31, 2008
  10. Joab

Joab

The US was occupied 150 years before Upper Canada but I understand what your saying there was a small "French" settlements in the 1700's after Cartier.

#30     Aug 31, 2008