America on the rebound with Obama Administration Policies

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvector, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Mvector

Mvector

Formerly Great Cities All Over America Are Turning Into Open, Festering Sores

The American Dream
    Monday, January 2, 2012

http://www.infowars.com/formerly-gr...merica-are-turning-into-open-festering-sores/

According to the National Center for Children in Poverty, 36.4% of all children that live in Philadelphia are living in poverty, 40.1% of all children that live in Atlanta are living in poverty, 52.6% of all children that live in Cleveland are living in poverty and 53.6% of all children that live in Detroit are living in poverty.

Speaking of Detroit, it is almost unbelievable what has happened to “the motor city”

*An analysis of census figures found that 48.5% of all men living in Detroit from age 20 to age 64 did not have a job

*If you can believe it, the median price of a home in Detroit is now just $6000

*Only 25 percent of all students in Detroit graduate from high school at this point

2. Mvector

Mvector

Today, Detroit has become a very frightening place to live. 100 bus drivers in Detroit recently refused to drive their routes out of fear for their own personal safety. The head of the bus drivers union, Henry Gaffney, said that the drivers were “scared for their lives“….

“Our drivers are scared, they’re scared for their lives. This has been an ongoing situation about security. I think yesterday kind of just topped it off, when one of my drivers was beat up by some teenagers down in the middle of Rosa Parks and it took the police almost 30 minutes to get there, in downtown Detroit,” said Gaffney.

Right now, Detroit is a city that is being torn apart by thieves and vandals. Buildings are being literally dismantled as people scramble to find things to sell to keep themselves afloat. The following is from a recent article in the Detroit News about this crisis….

The war to keep the lights on in Detroit is a serious one. Thieves, antiquated equipment and a lack of funding have made it impossible for city officials to catch up to the problem.

City officials estimate 15-20 percent of the 88,000 lights in the Motor City are not working, and they acknowledge that figure could be as high as 50 percent in some neighborhoods.

But it is not just Detroit that is having a major problem keeping the lights on. Over in Highland Park, Michigan the majority of the street lights have been repossessed because the city was not keeping up with the electricity bill.

I feel very bad for those who live in these situations - we need drastic changes in our country and fast!

3. the entire infrastructure loses to city worker pay and pensions. it finally caught up as the fox was watching the hen house. they paid themselves with our tax money as you can always simply raise more money when needed.

4. Formerly Great Cities All Over America Are Turning Into Open, Festering Sores

------------------------

Not quite. There really is an intiative to re vitalize downtown (urban areas). Street scapes, modernizing store fronts (which remain empty as are the streets). The urban planners left out the key componet, "people", No one is moving "downtown" till they fix the schools. Oh yea, you might get the hip urban single people, gays and metro sexuals, Grandparents, married with kids, are staying put in the burbs.

5. how can you tell people they aren't allowed to have babies? The arsonists kind of have the right idea, burn it all down and start from scratch. How else are you going to get these people to leave? There was no mention of gangs in the article but they aren't helping matters. Why don't these states form anti gang gangs to eradicate this problem. In the wild west laws don't apply. Wouldn't it be so cool if you found out your governor was secretly hiring out of work military personal to kill gang bangers. I would vote for that mofo to be prez!

6. Sort of a pipe dream really. Until you address the violent gangbanging element that has completely overtaken a city like Detroit, good luck ever making a dent in a revitalization project. Likewise the school system will never make any headway if you have these same gangbangers patrolling around the school, making it a literal nightmare to get to and from school.

But this is a common theme in many, many cities around this country.

7. I missed your post, but we're on the same wavelength. We are currently living thru the repurcussions of the welfare state run amok. Those with the least capacity to raise children have been given the economic incentive to have as many children as possible from as many father's as they see fit. An underclass of fatherless children gangbanging and turning many neighborhoods into literal war zones.

Every single city in this country is dealing with these same issues.

8. I knew Detriot was bad but damn it's worse than I ever thought now that I look into it further.

9. It might be nice to have that jobs program that the GOP killed. It might be nice to have some taxes from the wealthy to pay for it, but the Greed Over Progress party will have none of that.

"It's a mistake to think that poor people get the benefit from the welfare system. It's a total fraud. Most welfare go to the rich of this country: the military-industrial complex, the bankers, the foreign dictators, it's totally out of control. " Ron Paul

#10     Jan 2, 2012