America Must Go it Alone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Aug 6, 2002.

1. I'm not a capitalist (in the philosophical sense). I fancied myself one once, but no longer. I am a grateful deployer of capital in whatever markets are free.

Capitalism is a philosophy. Free enterprise is a privilege, a product of liberty in general and exists only because The Invisible Hand exists.

I know it seems like splitting hairs, but if you ever look into it, you might find it interesting.

#41     Aug 8, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

Are we going to have another "mother of all wars"?
    Hope not. War STINKS. Killing is not macho, it's gruesome and ugly and sickening to decent people, and the people that participate have to live with it for the rest of their lives. If we do go to war we'd better have a good reason. If Husseins behind the terrorist attacks in the USA and Israel, and is building chem, bio, and nuk weapons then we do have a good reason. Hope Iraq has nothing to do with it but if they do we ought to nail them.

#42     Aug 9, 2002
  3. rs7

rs7

Some fine rhetoric Chas..but what's a "deployer"?
    :)

BTW...find a book called The Invisible Hand....and I will tell you a story about one of the cast of characters I traded with.

#43     Aug 9, 2002
  4. TigerO

TigerO

It's that freedom thing I'm very worried about at the moment, the ignominiously named "Patriot Act" and it's handing out of powers unchecked by judicial review is not what we are about, but is an inevitability if nobody stands up and fights. Government will expand it's portfolio if left unchecked, it's just a question of time and normal human behaviour, if we don't step in and remind them of certain basic facts about who's there for whom.

Power corrupts, etc,.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=101273#post101272

And I totally agree with you, we mustn't just resign ourselves to accepting the status quo or emigrating, we have to stand up and fight for our rights and civil liberties.

#44     Aug 9, 2002
  5. rs7

rs7

Now THAT'S what I like to hear...POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!Right on, right on, right on!!!
    :) RS7

#45     Aug 9, 2002
  6. Rigel

Rigel

LMAO:p

#46     Aug 9, 2002
  7. Something profitable like some sectors on NASDAQ,NYSE are ignoring war news on thier charts this week.[sign of strength ,most of day]

-----------------------------------
    ''It"s always a learning experience''-Solomon Cohen -Gazelle Fund

#47     Aug 9, 2002
  8. And it's being introduced by a Republican too. Scary huh?

#48     Aug 11, 2002
  9. Babak

Babak