America Must Go it Alone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

#11     Aug 6, 2002
  2. cheap shots really establish your credibility.

#12     Aug 6, 2002
  3. Thought the left made a good point also[page a20=Wall Street Journal] That is the left writer who called for '' eliminate double taxation.''

That pattern of ''Operation Desert Storm ''worked well when you consider the alternative.

-------------------------

''Enjoy your read'' Alan Greenberg: Bear Stearns . cool:

#13     Aug 6, 2002
  4. That's a great line... lmao.

Chas, with all respect to your posts, I must agree that the amount of BS and propaganda the gov't has been spewing since 9/11 is truly staggering, and so far almost all of it has been directed at a reduction of liberty and an increase in Federal power.

I for one can't explain exactly WHY the destruction of Iraq is now being spoken of as a foregone conclusion -- we have little apart from some vague, unsubstantiated assertions that Iraq might be cultivating anthrax and building non-ICBM nukes to use in "terror" (why would they do such a thing? who cares! they're savages, right? savages don't need a reason) --

and that turning Baghdad into rubble is purportedly going to transform their centuries-long hatred of the west into a gushing love of American strip malls, credit cards, and McDonald's hamburgers. And the required assumption that bombing people and detroying whatever little they have tends to lessen their desire to harm the bombers in the future.

It may be that the Executive powers see something that the rest of the world does not. Or maybe what "it" is too important to be shown to the poor saps that spin the hamster wheel from January to August every year to pay the military's gas bill.

Or maybe Iraq's building a military is somehow inherently worse than the 200 other countries doing the same thing. Or, maybe there's another reason, one that actually makes sense, where someone gains something at the expense of another.

I don't know, honestly. But unless there's some substantive proof and/or justification for committing warfare, wonder if we should swell with pride at being the only country on Earth pulling the trigger...

#14     Aug 6, 2002
  5. Dearest Brethren,

Go into Iraq, bomb the military infrastructure out of existence... install a leader answerable to Washington... secure lucrative oil contracts with the puppet leader and secure the lionshare of Iraqi oil supplies at cut prices by ensuring that Washington's puppet leader breaks OPEC guidelines and complies with US guidelines... US public support is secured by an obedient media selling the attack on Iraq as part of the War on Terrorism in the pursuit of (as yet unlocated) weapons of mass destruction... US public re-elects Junior at next election, on a wave of patriotic euphoria... a few months after this wonderful victory over the Evil Doers of Iraq something happens in America, something even worse than September 11th... and the American public wonder why... "surely, who would want to harm us?", wonders the American Public with collective bemusement and exasperation... An objective observer answers: "any one of perhaps 70% of the countries on this planet"... the objective observer suggests to Mr American Public to re-examine the last 40 years of US policy and seek answers by reading between the lines of US geopolitical activity...

With love,
    Fidel Castro

P.S. Greenbacks readily accepted in exchange for Cuban cigars of the highest quality...

#15     Aug 6, 2002
  6. Well, if there is any truth to what Brother Fidel is saying, maybe I will have to rethink my hardline policy on Iraq... maybe I have it all wrong.... maybe I have fallen hook, line and sinker for media and governmental brainwashing... who knows? :cool:

But I tell ya what, I sure feel like smoking one of those supreme quality Cuban cigars...

#16     Aug 6, 2002
  7. Forget the cigars, I want one of those '57 Chevy's they drive there.

#17     Aug 6, 2002
  8. Rigel

Rigel

"I believe that conscience is nearly extinct (if it were possible)."
    I think it's possible and it's happening. I don't have any doubts whatsoever. Don't want to believe it but it seems terribly obvious in many. No way to prove it or demonstrate it though, especially to some because a conscience is so alien to them, they don't even know that something is missing or even remember that they ever had one, like they chose to give it away and part of the deal was that they wouldn't remember. A kind of diabolical liberation. It's difficult to understand but there is a Good purpose. It must be the way it's got to be.

#18     Aug 6, 2002
  9. Why Rigel? Why MUST their be? Because your pea brain cannot fathom earthly existance without it?

You people are a joke. Do you really think that the ALL cultures around the world share or have shared what you hold to be "morally absolute"?

#19     Aug 6, 2002
  10. Yo danny boy, r u referring to all americans here?

#20     Aug 6, 2002