America is scared of North Korea.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 25, 2010.

1. Who says?

#11     May 25, 2010
  2. I'll let you off the hook and save the embarrassment. Pieces of torpedo don't float?

#12     May 25, 2010
  3. Are you fucking stupid, or what? It was found at the site of the explosion. Have you read any of the news related to this event or are you just trolling?

#13     May 25, 2010

4. Yes, it's best to just let these things fester, like e coli on a slab of warm canadian bacon. Without consequences.

#14     May 25, 2010
  5. See what I mean, so it was not shooting from the hip when we invaded Iraq on a whim, when the country had nothing to do with 9/11, Al Qaida or even had a WMD program active.

Yet Military action against NK would be shooting from the hip??

#15     May 25, 2010
  6. I'm not a big fan of appeasement, but why do we have to do the heavy lifting here? It was a South Korean boat that was hit, not one of ours. As I recall, when they attacked one of our boats decades ago, we did nothing. South Korea is a rich, industrialized country which runs a huge trade surplus with us, thanks to trade barriers. If they want to get into a war, let them but leave us out.

This kind of incident is just why it is madness for us to have troops in SK. The idea is they are a tripwire to bring us immediately into any conflict, but it is pretty clear that appeasement is far more popular than confrontation in SK. They will swallow this incident, like they have many others over the years. I can't say that is a bad approach, given the devastation that a war would bring to them.

#16     May 25, 2010
  7. South Korea and USA have a military pact. South Korea helped USA out with troops in Vietnam, Iraq, etc.

North Korea has nuclear weapons. USA has the world's biggest, most advanced military. Why SHOULDN'T the USA get involved?

Would you rather NK nuke SK?

#17     May 25, 2010
  8. Please link anything you deem relevant.

Torpedo fragments still don't float.

#18     May 25, 2010
  9. I must say communist music sounds great. Very grand.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhxvhThqTTI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhxvhThqTTI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#19     May 25, 2010
  10. Oh, I don't think that was on a whim. W had made noises to his people about Iraq as soon as he came into office. (Daddy issues?) The invasion was bullshit and cost countless lives, but a whim it was not. It was calculated stupidity salted with pseudo-intel.
    It may happen at some point, as NK's leadership clearly has its head resolutely up its ass, but would you rather not see how else frictions might be resolved? Will nothing other than mass death, mostly of innocents, satisfy you?

#20     May 25, 2010