America is about to have its first Native American president!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Comrade Bernie had the benefit of running as the democratic alternative to Hillary last time around. Regardless of what party one belongs to, we can agree that that has tremendous advantageous. Let's face it- just not being Hillary is a big vote-getter.

Not so easy, when you have a full clown bus this time around. There are lots of other "not-Hillaries" running around.

Warren's style is that of a professorial lecturer. She is a policy wonk and sees that as a strength so her tactic is to have a policy and plan for everything. Problem is that she highly unlikeable, and in the end those policies need to be marketed. She knows that, and took early steps to try to prove that she is the one that you would "want to have a beer with." FAIL!!!

Meanwhile, Biden is leading Warren in the polls in her own home state.

NOT LIKEABLE.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    #121     Jun 11, 2019
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey Tree...
    Just curious.... What are the odds we get some 3rd party candidate, name unknown to us at this time but with a lot of charisma... that will really muck up the waters for Trump and hand the win to the Dems?
    Is that a possibility? I mean basically coming in and stealing lots of votes in those tight battleground states Trump needs. Like MI, PA, etc.

#122     Jun 11, 2019
  3. I dont know. I certainly consider the chance of someone coming out of the woodwork and running as an independent, for real, to be almost nil. Everything in the electoral process is wired against them from the beginning, and it only gets worse this late in the game.

I think that- in the dem party- there is still a chance a high profile bloviator might start making fake moves just because they are an attention getter. You know, Mark Cuban type will pipe up to own the media cycle for a couple weeks or something. Then they go away after lecturing the dem voters on how everyone else is a loser but they are special so they owed it to the country to consider it. blah, blah, blah. Some of that goes with the turf so you just expect it and watch it appear and then blow over.

Nope. I think the reality is- as I said yesterday- the dems have dealt themselves a weak hand of cards and now have to figure out how to play what's on the bus. Clearly going to be a case of trying to make chicken soup out of chickenshit.

#123     Jun 11, 2019
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Thats the beauty of it. Put on a conspiracy hat for a minute. The big deep dark money behind the Dems. Soros or the likes.... several times removed. Why wouldn't the Dems do it?! Its a no-brainer strategically.

A strong 3rd party player... will most certainly cost Trump the election. There's tons of time left.
    Not saying Cuban is the man to do it.... but somebody like that. Of course they know they can't win.... but they can ensure Trump loses.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    #124     Jun 11, 2019
  5. DTB2

DTB2

Why would Trump voters switch to a 3rd party candidate?

Trump will win again with a carbon copy (or better) total equal to 2016.

No Dem has the emotional appeal (to Dems) that the smartest and most qualified candidate for president did.

#125     Jun 12, 2019