America is a country which punishes the middle-class

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bugscoe, Nov 22, 2010.

1. You assume no risk, then you shouldn't receive any of the benefits. Collecting a paycheck is easy, running a business is hard.

#31     Nov 22, 2010
  2. Ok, so he thinks all his employees are stupid and should just quit!:D

Seriously, one more thing I wanted to mention is that I see these people all the time - people living the life (according to this article) - welfare, food stamps, medical care, section 8, etc, etc. I see how wonderful they live - sure they may live in a house with a Plasma TV, but it's usually a small house with bars on all windows and they got the TV from money they weren't supposed to use for that - and they are usually afraid of life each day in the 'hood they live in - not sure what they will do if something gets taken away from them, etc.

I have never gone into a nice area that is clean and has friendly, happy people and then found out they are mostly welfare people. I have only seen it in run-down, dirty, scarier places.

JJacksET4

#32     Nov 22, 2010
  3. LeeD

LeeD

Compare this to the UK:
    (£12,000 per month is approximately $230,000 per year. The local authorities pay the whole of the family's rent.)
    full article

#33     Nov 22, 2010
  4. edpolton

edpolton

I thought that the article stated a single working parent. However, if there are two, then the $9600 for day care gets eliminated since one parent would be at home with the children.

#34     Nov 22, 2010
  5. LeeD

LeeD

It was me who messed up. The article says: "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year."

#35     Nov 22, 2010
  6. [​IMG]

#36     Nov 22, 2010
  7. LeeD

LeeD

I have enjoied your satire... but the facts say it didn't work for American voters this time.

#37     Nov 22, 2010