America in 2050: Another country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Mar 26, 2004.

1. The following is an essay by Pat Buchanan. Perhaps this is the karma for having immigrated all over the "red savages."

America in 2050: Another country

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 24, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

In 1960, when JFK defeated Nixon, America was a nation of 160 million, 90 percent white and 10 percent black, with a few million Hispanics and Asians sprinkled among us.

We were one nation, one people. We worshipped the same God, spoke the same English language, studied American history and English literature, honored the same heroes, read the same books, watched the same TV shows, went to the same movies, and saw ourselves as defenders of Western Civilization against the godless communism of the Soviet Empire.

We were confident and proud of who we were. When Nikita Khrushchev demanded an apology for our having sent a U-2 spy plane over Russia, Ike blew up the Paris summit rather than accede to his demand. We cheered the old general's defiance.

That was yesterday. But due to the Immigration Act of 1965 and the cultural revolution of the '60s, that America is now gone forever. And as one studies the latest projections of the Census Bureau, the America of our grandchildren will be another country altogether, a nation unrecognizable to our parents, a giant Brazil of the North.

In 2050, there will be three times as many people living here as in 1960 – 420 million. White Americans will be a minority, 49 percent, and falling. Hispanics in the United States, over 100 million, will be equal to the entire population of Mexico today. Our Asian population will be almost as large as our African-American population today.

By countries of origin, America will be a Third World nation. Our cities will look like Los Angeles today. Los Angeles and the cities of Texas, Arizona and California will look like Mexico City.

When we all belong to "minorities," what will hold us together? With the rise of group rights and identity politics, we are already falling out and falling apart over racial preferences and ethnic entitlements.

In the 1990s, for the first time since the Spanish arrived, the white population of California fell. White flight has begun. The white majority, voting with its feet, is ceding the Golden State to Hispanic and Asian immigrants.

Writing in Foreign Policy, Harvard Professor Samuel Huntington, author of "Who We Are," raises an alarm about the huge infusion of Hispanics into the Southwest, and for many reasons.

Much of this mass immigration is illegal. Vast numbers are coming here only to work. They are not assimilating. They do not want to become Americans. They are concentrating in states bordering Mexico, which is their country and a nation with a historic grievance against us. They are holding on to their language and culture, creating a Hispanic nation within our nation. By 2050, there will be scores of millions of people living here whose loyalty is to a foreign country.

Moreover, as multiculturalism has captured our schools and colleges, immigrant children will have prejudices and grievances against America and the West reinforced as they learn. The academic elite that controls these schools already paints America as a nation with a rancid history of genocide, slavery, racism, oppression and imperialism.

As immigrant children grow up, who will teach them to love and cherish America? Will they not come to exhibit that same sullen hostility to our country we see erupting at soccer games with Mexico today? There, Mexican fans, whether in the Los Angeles Coliseum or in Guadalajara, curse our players, shout down our national anthem and chant "Osama! Osama!" when the Mexican team scores.

Is the Census Bureau future the future Americans wish? Are they willing to risk it for their grandchildren? No and no are the answers.

Why, then, does that future appear inevitable?

Answer: Though a majority of Americans wish to preserve the land they grew up in for their children, our elites – political, academic, cultural and corporate – are either unwilling to conserve that America, or are indifferent to its disappearance, or long for its death.

A majority of Americans want immigration cut back and all illegal aliens sent back. Why is the will of the majority, expressed in polls and referenda, not reflected in law or policy? Because we no longer live in a democratic republic. We are ruled by a managerial elite.

America's corporate elites want an endless supply of cheap labor. Our judges throw out popularly enacted laws to which they object. Our academic elites work to see "white, racist America" disappear. Our neo-Marxist cultural elites wish to be the gravediggers of the West and of Christian culture. And America's conservative party, the Republican Party, believes Hispanics hold the key to retention of presidential power, and is desperately anxious not to offend Vicente Fox.

If, by 2050, the America we grew up in has become a Tower of Babel of squabbling minorities that is falling apart, it will be because of the treason of the elites, and our lack of will to overthrow them.

2. Very sad ART,

You couldn't have said it better. The way I think about it is the same as in trading. You get what you deserve.

This is a drama of biblical dimension. Your tower of Babel example is well chosen. To continue along these lines, by 2100, those who still will have any idea of what used to be American values may well be sitting on the banks of the Babylon stream weeping about the long gone Jerusalem (i.e. Washington?) exactly as Jeremiah sings it to us in his writings.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

nononsense

P.S. If it would sooth your pain a little, Europe will be gone first.

3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Boo-hoo-hoo.....Is Pat Buchanan Indian??? enough said.

but i do think the illegals should be shipped out; due to terrorism...

4. Who will do all the hard work in the sweatshops and around kitchens etc. when the illegals are out of the country, but I get your implied point on preserving US jobs. Working in unhealthy conditions cleaning chickens being paid much less than minimum wage is quite attractive when you're out of a job, isn't it. Getting chronically ill is a minor problem in the US.

At least Bush is trying to use the carrot and stick to conserve the status quo, by offering working visas as long as beaners etc. stay in their jobs. Gives the "massa" a lot of enjoyed leverage though.

(some sporadic irony used) :D

5. WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all came to this country via immigration of one kind or another....Buchanen is an ass sometimes.......the america he talked of in 1960 may have been 90% white.....but most of them were concentrated in the north east and were less then 30-40 years off a boat...and spoke with accents...geeesh....

6. This country is changing and there's nothing anyone can do about it. The tide has already turned.

Living in Los Angeles, I see it happening all the time. Parts of LA are becoming Mexico City. In 30 years, the city will be unrecognizable.

The question isn't about racism. It's about, what will hold the fabric of this country together. Has there ever been a society in the history of the world in which the majority willingly become the minority? Unless we're "special" and can somehow overthrow the laws of history, there will be increasing racial tension and social unrest as this happens.

7. So ART, do you subscribe to Buchanan's analysis or are you just trying to stir up trouble? I'm finding it ironic that liberals seem to be adopting Buchanan's positions this week. Richard Clarke's main objections to the Bush middle east policy seem taken directly from Buchanan's writings. I would think that would horrify Clarke's new fans.

8. Stir up trouble?

How about getting opinions on what others think?

Sometimes I agree with Pat Buchanan, other times I don't. At least he tends to focus on the issues more than the personalities.

I can see both sides of this particular issue and have no fixed opinion, but I do think it ironic that Buchanan voices the types of concerns that many white men do, and he does so ignoring how white male Americans raped this country away from the Native Americans.

I am not one who believes my religion, way of life, or political philosophy, nor my society's way of life, predominant religion, or political framework is necessarily the best for everyone else on the planet.

9. We decided to "move on" from that detail.

10. Well, no one is trying to force it on the rest of the planet. We'd kind of like to hang on to it in our own country though.

#10     Mar 26, 2004