America has second worst newborn death rate in modern world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 9, 2006.

1. jem

jem

Can't you understand troll.

If one country considers a baby a still born or dead because it is under 1000 grams. But we try to keep the baby alive. When the baby dies it counts against the U.S. stats. We save thousands of "dead" who live for a short time. That hurts our stats. We spend hundreds of millions a year keeping babies alive that do not live in other countries.

If you ask the nurses they will tell your illinformed mind a large part of this infant death number is caused because the mexicans are catholic and tell the hospitals to do everything they can to keep the babies alive. Frequently and unfortunately these children have abnormalities picked up in the chemical dumps of Tijuana. Our doctors afraid of lawsuits and liberals, then use heroic and expensive measures to keep otherwise naturally aborted kids alive.

#21     May 10, 2006
  2. Laughable.

Drmarkan posts data from the CDC and the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine, pointing out that quitting smoking, ceasing drug use during pregnancy, etc., would lower the infant mortality rate.

Zzzztroll's response?

He asks markan to explain "exactly" why some women in America don't care for themselves. As if markan has telepathic powers and can explain why certain individuals act irrationally.

One might as well ask drmarkan to explain "exactly" why a loser divorced troll in his 50's or 60's spends all his time on an internet chat board calling other members names.

Zzztroll then blames the problem on Bush. And why not. According to the troll, Bush is the reason for all America's ills. Bush probably caused Zzztroll's divorce, too.

Oy fucking predictable.

p.s. His pet mod keeps deleting this post and another post referencing his jokes about pedophilia. What's the matter, Resinate? Truth hurts, huh?

#22     May 10, 2006
  3. Congrats to resinate who for the 79th time has protected ZZZzzzzzzz from losing an argument. Great job!

Owned again.

#23     May 10, 2006
  4. So, if I understand your logic, our statistics are bad because of the Catholic Church?

Oy vey....

#24     May 10, 2006
  5. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

You nailed it. And I’m sure we are experiencing a spike of Mexican anchor babies in recent years and months...

Here’s a more comprehensive site of factoids I found to supplement the Media's "white man's guilt" and their canned propaganda machine that always ties everything to economic class every time any statistics come out:

http://www.marchofdimes.com/peristats/

“Infant mortality is defined as death occurring during the first year of life and is an important summary reflecting social, political, health care delivery and medical outcomes in a geographic area. Infant deaths can be further classified into neonatal (0-27 days) and postneonatal (28-365 days) periods. Neonatal mortality is typically associated with events surrounding the prenatal period and the delivery, whereas postneonatal deaths are more likely to be associated with conditions or events that arise after the delivery and may reflect environmental factors. PeriStats also provides data on the causes of infant deaths.”

“• In 2002, 67.2% of infant deaths occurred in the neonatal period, and 32.8% occurred in the postneonatal period.”

http://www.marchofdimes.com/peristats/tlanding.aspx?reg=99&top=6&lev=0&slev=1

You can see, at least with the 2002 data, most of the deaths were neonatal, and the site attributes those deaths to prenatal problems.

Hong Kong has an extremely low infant mortality rate. I know the culture enough to tell you they are not quick to yank the baby out and put it on life support at the slightest sign of prenatal trouble.

#25     May 10, 2006
  6. From the article:

The research also found that poorer mothers with less education were at a significantly higher risk of early delivery. The study added that in general lower educational attainment was associated with higher newborn mortality.

According to the data, poverty and lack of education is a major factor, which can be solved....

The right wingers are not talking about solutions here, which surprises me because of the constant crying about "the unborn child" and the sanctity of human life....

#26     May 10, 2006
  7. fhl

fhl

Yes, the US is a country that only terrible right wingers would enjoy. Therefore, I would suggest that all liberals leave for better environs, and wise america-haters from abroad just stay away from the US. That way everyone will be happy.:D

ps. especially us right wingers.:)

#27     May 10, 2006
  8. They promised to leave in 2000... then again in 2004. We're still waiting for them to leave us in our evil right-wing filth.

#28     May 10, 2006
  9. fhl

fhl

And I would also suggest that some of you liberals go down to Mexico and let them know what a terrible place America is for expectant mothers. Their children will die if they come here to deliver! Please do them a favor and go tell them. If you really care as much as you say, you will tell them to stay in Mexico and insure their child's safety.:)

#29     May 10, 2006
  10. Did you even read my post?

At least this time you attempted a retort. However, it points to your unwillingness to look at the facts. If women want to live a life in which they do harm to their baby and quite possibly kill it, how does throwing more money at health care going to stop this problem? My statement is that irresponsibility on the part of the mother through drug use during pregnancy, smoking during pregnancy, and drinking during pregnancy are things that putting more money towards health care will not prevent.

As I pointed out earlier, birth defects are a lot more probable for teens having children because they are not fully developed as well. Teenagers should not be getting pregnant. It is a mistake brought on by irresponsible behavior. The birth defects are something that cannot be prevented in many of these cases because the girls own body is not ready for pregnancy. Not to mention they are less likely to go get prenatal care due to the fact that they do not want their parents to find out.

If you can tell me how more money for health care is going to stop drug abusers, alcoholics, and cigarette smokers from doing these things during pregnancy, I'd love to hear it. I also want to know how more money towards healthcare is going to stop two teenagers from making the mistake of getting pregnant.

My previous post discussed that pre-natal care is not hard to get for low income families so using this excuse is not merited. Please enlighten me.

#30     May 10, 2006